Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Another question: if these were the site's owners, why would they have to chipdump to other accounts before withdrawing?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question

[/ QUOTE ]

because the accounts didnt belong to them and they had to get the money into accounts that did.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they can change the passwords to these accounts, but not the neteller or mastercard or bank account numbers they withdraw to?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Another question: if these were the site's owners, why would they have to chipdump to other accounts before withdrawing?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question

[/ QUOTE ]

because the accounts didnt belong to them and they had to get the money into accounts that did.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the Dan Druff theory. But the later evidence suggests that POTRIPPER actually was registered to Scott Tom directly, unless I'm missing things. That makes it plausible the other accounts are, too, and that the dumping was all done as a hilariously misguided attempt to say "See, no cheating here! Regressing nicely to the mean, boss!"
Old 10-16-2007, 06:11 PM

I just wanted to quote this post by the watchdog on 2+2

[ QUOTE ]
Paranoid freak..jajaj I dind't even know about this new feature...
relax buddy

[/ QUOTE ]

And I wanted to say that "jajaj" is the spanish way to say "haha", so this could go against the hypothesis that Scott Tom= the watchdog, unless he is of latin american origin obv.

Post can be found here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1
Old 10-16-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to quote this post by the watchdog on 2+2

[ QUOTE ]
Paranoid freak..jajaj I dind't even know about this new feature...
relax buddy

[/ QUOTE ]

And I wanted to say that "jajaj" is the spanish way to say "haha", so this could go against the hypothesis that Scott Tom= the watchdog, unless he is of latin american origin obv.

Post can be found here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]

j is also next to h on the keyboard
Old 10-16-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good question

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So they can change the passwords to these accounts, but not the neteller or mastercard or bank account numbers they withdraw to?

[/ QUOTE ]

who knows, maybe maybe not. Since we dont know EXACTLY what happened or what the inner workings of AP are I Dont think anyone can answer that.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good question

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the Dan Druff theory. But the later evidence suggests that POTRIPPER actually was registered to Scott Tom directly, unless I'm missing things. That makes it plausible the other accounts are, too, and that the dumping was all done as a hilariously misguided attempt to say "See, no cheating here! Regressing nicely to the mean, boss!"

[/ QUOTE ]

did the potripper sccount chipdump? or was it only the others?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good question

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Even though it was an inside job, it probably didn't involve too many people. Therefore, even as one of the owners of AP, Scott had to keep things hush-hush. He couldn't exactly approach security/payments and ask them to cash out GRAYCAT's money to a different person, as that would arouse huge suspicion.

Chip dumping was the easiest solution.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 PM

Ok I'm probably getting carried away and it is indeed very speculative, but I found odd the way AP and the Grinder parted ways earlier this year.
Any chance that AP's decision about "no longer be using professional poker players to endorse their brands in the US domestic market, but [...]continue to do so internationally" is actually bullshyt and the truth is that Poker Royalty and the other agencies wanted to keep their clients away from AP suspecting that something un-kosher was going on?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good question

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe Scott wanted to give someone money in a way that would be less traceable than writing a check. He could have been bribing someone or evading taxes.

Also, it could be that the spammer on 2+2 is just an AP employee using his boss' name as a login name
Closed Thread