Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 05:08 AM

Default About Diablo\'s Discussion Forum (w/ thread starter list)

Welcome to the El Diablo General Discussion Forum. This forum is for interesting discussion of any and all topics, including News, Current Events & Politics, Entertainment (Books, TV, Music, Movies, etc.), Food & Drink, Art & Literature, Career, Hobbies, Life and Lifestyle, Travel, Sports, Gambling, Fitness, etc. Posts are expected to be intelligent, interesting, and respectful.

PLEASE SEE NEXT POST FOR SOME RULES/GUIDELINES

This forum will be sort of like the Special Sklansky forum, except instead of just me starting threads, I will designate a bunch of experienced approved posters able to start threads. And instead of lots of threads on Sklansky’s favorite topics, there will be lots of threads from me on my favorite topics like Fine Dining, Alcohol, Business, and Movies. As well as countless other random Diablo stuff. This forum will hopefully be a home for all the people who enjoy discussing things on 2+2, but aren’t inclined to keep up with the high volume of posting on OOT. Or people who want to participate in Sports and Politics and other discussions that no longer fit within OOT, but don’t have the time or interest to post across a ton of different forums. Or any smart people who just want a place on 2+2 to discuss stuff with other smart people.

Pretty much anything is fair game for posting here. Posts should add something to the discussion or be funny. Just don’t make stupid posts. People making stupid posts will be exiled from the forum. By stupid, I mean anything I or any of the other mods helping out here consider stupid. If you’re not sure whether a post you’re about to make is stupid or not, it’s stupid.

Basically, I hope this forum will be a smarter, funnier, somewhat slower-paced version of OOT with a lot less noise.

I’ve selected an initial group of 100 posters who can start threads. These are all people I feel understand what sort of threads are appropriate and will do well here vs. what sort of threads (polls about stuff that doesn’t involve much discussion, or quick advice threads, or random threads for posting hot chick pics, for example) will do better and/or can be quickly addressed/answered by posting in high-volume OOT. While there are a lot of good posters on the list, they aren’t necessarily the best 100 or my 100 favorite posters on 2+2. They are simply a bunch of people who I think generally post interesting stuff of a varied nature. I've included a number of people who used to be more active that I hope might ramp their participation here back up in a place where they can discuss Sports, Politics, etc. The idea here is to keep things diverse and low repetition, so if something has been discussed recently, no new threads on that topic. For topics that have dedicated forums like Sports or Politics, we'll have a few threads here, but people who really want to focus on those areas should head over to the dedicated forums.

The initial list is below. If you’re not on the list and want to be, just make good suggestions in the thread suggestions thread and post good stuff in OOT and in existing threads here, and you’ll get added to the list soon enough.

Hope everyone enjoys the forum.

--
El Diablo

Edit: updated list to 358.

.Alex.
[censored]
4_2_it
7ontheline
Abones
Aces McGee
Admo
adsman
aejones
ahnuld
ALawPoker
Alobar
Aloysius
amplify
Anacardo
Analyst
andyfox
Arnfinn Madsen
Asofel
Astroglide
Badger
Banks2334
bdk3clash
bernie
Bigdaddydvo
bisonbison
BK_
BK_
blueman
blutarski
Bond18
Boris
Borodog
bottomset
bozzer
bruin
bugstud
burningyen
Butcho22
By-Tor
Caldarooni
CallMeIshmael
Cancuk
CappyAA
captZEEbo
CardSharpCook
cbloom
Chaostracize
CharlieDontSurf
chesspain
chicagoTroy
ChipWrecked
chopstick
cianosheehan
CIncyHR
Citanul
cjmewett
Clarkmeister
ClassicBob
claudenm
Claunchy
Clayton
cnfuzzed
cobrakai111
Cornell Fiji
cts
Custer
D.H.
Dadswell
Dale Dough
Dan Bright
Dan.
dankhank
DannyOcean_
daryn
David Sklansky
DcifrThs
Dean.
DeathDonkey
DeezNuts
Degen
DeuceKicker
Dids
DING-DONG YO
Dominic
DrSavage
drunkhamster
Duke
durron597
durrrr
Eagles
Earl Sleek
econophile
edfurlong
edtost
El Diablo
ElSapo
elwoodblues
EMcWilliams
Enon
Entity
ethan
Eurotrash
Evan
EvanJC
Fast_Food_Knight
FeliciaLee
firstyearclay
fish2plus2
fleece_me
fluffpop62
fnord_too
FoxwoodsFiend
fslexduck
fsuplayer
garcia1000
Georgia Avenue
geormiet
Ghazban
Gildwulf
glen
Go_Blue88
Golden_Rhino
gonores
good2cu
goofball
GrandmaStabone
grando
GrannyMae
gründer
guids
gumpzilla
gusmahler
GuyOnTilt
hanster
HDPM
hmkpoker
Howard Treesong
Hoya
IggyWH
imitation
ImsaKidd
iMsoLucky0
inferno
Inthacup
ipot
Irieguy
iron81
IronFly
J.A.Sucker
J.Brown
J_V
JaBlue
Jack of Arcades
jackflashdrive
Jake (The Snake)
James Boston
James282
JaredL
Jason Strasser (strassa2)
Jay.
jeffnc
jgorham
Jihad
jman220
Joe Tall
John Cole
john voight
jokerthief
Josh W
jschnett
Jurollo
Justin A
jws43yale
katyseagull
KDawg
keikiwai
kidcolin
Kimbell175113
king_of_drafts
kipin
KJS
kkcountry
Klompy
KneelB4Zod
KOTLP
KRANTZ
kyleb
lapoker17
Layzie
Leaky Eye
LearnedfromTV
limon
lippy
Los Feliz Slim
LuckOfTheDraw
Lucky
LyinKing
M2d
Madtown
MagicNinja
MarkD
Mason Malmuth
mason55
Mat Sklansky
Matt Flynn
MattSuspect
Maulik
Maulik
mbillie1
mebenhoe
Melchiades
Mermade
miajag81
MicroBob
milliondollaz
mlagoo
mmbt0ne
mntbikr15
Monty Cantsin
mosta
mrkilla
MrMon
Mrs. Utah
MrWookie
Myrtle
MyTurn2Raise
N 82 50 24
NajdorfDefense
Natedogg
nath
nation
Nicholasp27
Nick B.
NicksDad1970
NLSoldier
NoahSD
nolanfan34
NorCalJosh
NT!
nyc999
octopi
offTopic
olliejen
olliejen
onthebutton
Paluka
Patrick del Poker Grande
pete fabrizio
Pete H
Phat Mack
Philuva
Phresh
PITTM
Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
PokerBob
Popinjay
Popinjay
private joker
pryor15
Punkass
pvn
rageotones
raptor517
Ray Zee
Razor
Reef
renodoc
Rick Nebiolo
RicoTubbs
RiverFenix
RJT
Rococo
RR
RunDownHouse
rwesty
SackUp
SamIAm
samjjones
samjjones
Schneids
ScottieK
scrub
Shajen
shaniac
Shemp
Ship Ship McGipp
sirio11
skipperbob
skunkworks
SL__72
slickpoppa
Slow Play Ray
SlowHabit
snagglepuss
SNOWBALL138
SomethingClever
southerndog
spaceman Bryce
SpicyF
splashpot
stabn
StevieG
Subfallen
Sublime
SuitedSixes
suzzer99
talentdeficit
Taylor Caby
tdarko
teddyFBI
tennenbaum
ThaSaltCracka
thatpfunk
The DaveR
The Dude
The Gift Of Gab
The Ocho
The X-Factor
The Yugoslavian
theBruiser500
TheMetetron
TheWorstPlayer
Tien
TimM
Tommy Angelo
traz
Tron
tubasteve
Tuco
tufat23
tup
turnipmonster
TxRedMan
TyFuji
UMTerp
vavavoom
Vehn
viciouspenguin
Victor
vulturesrow
wacki
Wes ManTooth
whiskeytown
WhoIam
WillMagic
woodguy
wpr101
xxThe_Lebowskixx
XXXNoahXXX
yellowsub
Yeti
Your Mom
yvesaint
ZBTHorton
ZeeJustin
ZenMusician
Zeno
Old 02-01-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: About Diablo\'s Discussion Forum (w/ thread starter list)

All,

Some rules/guidelines/policies.

Starting threads: If you'd like to start threads or have ideas for new threads, post them in the suggestions thread and participate in existing threads. As we get to know posters from their activity here, we'll add them to the thread starter list. This is not best posters added first. We're growing the list slowly and trying to keep a nice balance of different types of posters. Good thread idea suggestions are very much appreciated.

Locking threads: If threads aren't going anywhere or there are too many threads that are thematically similar active at the same time, we'll arbitrarily lock some of them. As other thread activity dies down, we'll unlock some of them and bump them up. Just trying to keep a good mix of stuff active.

Quoting responses and other lame posting techniques: It's bad to use this tired posting device. Here's my general thought for this forum. If you don't have anything new to add to a thread besides agree w/ someone else by quoting their response, just keep it to yourself, content that your viewpoint has already been expressed in the thread. Same thing goes with -aments and the like. Unless it's really funny. Thanks.

Politics and opinion threads: I'm all for them. However, I'm not for circular, repetitive arguments. And I'm not for stupid bickering. So, offer your thoughts and rebuttals to points people make. But do one round of that. Don't respond back with the same point you already made. If three people have made the point already, don't pile on repeating the same thing. Don't make snarky, trolling posts. An occassional witty rip on someone is of course fine. And, yes, I'll make arbitrary judgements about what falls into each category. I'm happy to have discussions about anything, just don't want them to erupt into long bitchfests.

Criticizing threads/posters/flames: It's OK to make a comment if you don't like the thread, but if you're going to do that, do that and be done with it, don't make it into a flame war. If you click on a thread called "Fashion for the portly gentleman" and don't find it interesting, well, come on who do you really have to blame? Generally, a comment or two I'm fine with, as long as it isn't overly dickish. Other stuff I'll delete or lock, it's just annoying.

Thanks for helping keep the vibe here relatively low-noise.
Closed Thread