Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 01:50 AM

Default Re: MNF - Giants @ Boys

"The game is more important to Dallas cause they are at home, if it were in NY it would be more important to the Giants" wtf?? can you clarify ?? have you been drinking??
Old 10-23-2006, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"The game is more important to Dallas cause they are at home, if it were in NY it would be more important to the Giants" wtf?? can you clarify ?? have you been drinking??

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, do you know how the NFL works? Its MUCH easier to win division games at home, if the Giants lose this one they still have a good chance to cancel it out later in the year in a much better situation. If the Cowboys lose, they will have a hell of a time trying to get a win later in NY to earn their split. For example, the Cowboys blew their home game against the Redskins last year, and it was the reason they missed the playoffs. You gotta win your home division games cause those are the easy ones.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:58 AM

Any over/under thoughts for this game?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:16 AM

The thing about dallas is you dont know which team is going to show up....i think i;ll pass and enjoy the game. (but if i do decided to bet on this game at the last min because i get bored just watching the game i;ll go with dallas)
Old 10-23-2006, 10:30 AM

I think this is the hardest game ever. I would never touch this
Old 10-23-2006, 10:30 AM

Or maybe it's actually "more important" for the Giants because a win here puts them ahead -- perhaps way ahead -- in the division race, while a loss means they are one of three in the mix?

Or maybe this is a "more important" game for the Giants because they got off to such a horrible start -- particularly defensively -- that if they can beat this division foe (the best other team in the division) on the road with a solid effort they can rest easier knowing that their slow start was an aberration and is behind them? Whereas if they lose -- particularly if they get wallopped -- their defense will return to turmoil?

There are all sorts of things we can say about this game being "more important" for one team or the other. No disrespect intended, but saying that this game is "more important" for Dallas is silly. This is a huge game for both teams.

And even assuming that the game is "more important" for one or the other, any delta in "importance" is so insignificant that it is outweighed by things that really matter, like which team is better, offense vs. defense matchups, home field advantage, etc.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uh, do you know how the NFL works? Its MUCH easier to win division games at home, if the Giants lose this one they still have a good chance to cancel it out later in the year in a much better situation. If the Cowboys lose, they will have a hell of a time trying to get a win later in NY to earn their split. For example, the Cowboys blew their home game against the Redskins last year, and it was the reason they missed the playoffs. You gotta win your home division games cause those are the easy ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, divisional games are much better to play at home but this doesn't mean that it MEANS MORE TO THE HOME TEAM. That line of thinking is absurd, this game means the same to both teams, NY is thinking that this game is huge b/c they can pick up a big divisional road win and then have them later at home in their cold comforts of their home. This game means the same to both teams, the edge is slighted to the home team not b/c of emotion but b/c of where you are located.

And for anyone who has ever been to Texas Stadium it isn't much of a "home field advantage," it isn't exactly like playing in Philly where the fans are going nuts and screaming and cursing and telling Santa to go [censored] himself. Dallas is more about showing up and being seen, people go to these games to bring women, to watch the cheerleaders and to socialize--and if a good game breaks out that is a bonus. So I never factor in home field advantage too much when handicapping the Cowboys.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:49 AM

Here is an article on the over/under:

http://www.covers.com/articles/artic...tid=27&t=1
Old 10-23-2006, 11:24 AM

I think Dallas is the easy pick at home. They have a better D, 'need' the win at home more, and their victory over Houston just looked a lot better after yesterday. On DAL -3.

Naj
Old 10-23-2006, 12:08 PM

I don't really like the game, but put a leftover half unit in my SIA account on a parlay with NYG +3.5 and under 45.