Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2006, 11:42 PM

Default Re: MNF - Giants @ Boys

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love Dallas. Can't see the Giants going 3-0 in the division with 2 road wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Dallas and the Giants are even teams on a neutral field? I don't. I expect Giants to win outright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think Dallas is every bit as good on a neutral field. I also think homefield in this one is worth a little something extra given that it's a more important game for Dallas. Both teams are shakey @QB; though the Cowboys problems in that area have just been more publicized because of the endless hype on the Philly game and their guy isn't named "Manning". In any case Bledsoe is generally ok at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are the Giants "shakey" at QB? Manning has thrown for an average of 265.8 yrds/g and has completed 65.3% and has a QB rating of 92.3. The Giants haven't had publicized problems in that area not because his last name is Manning but because Eli has been good. What is "shakey" is your reasoning.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:51 PM

The game is more important to Dallas cause they are at home, if it were in NY it would be more important to the Giants. Right now these teams are very very close (on a neutral field), Dallas has the edge defensively and the Giants have it on offense. I like the under a good amount, both teams are going to look to run the ball a ton and its very difficult to put up a lot of points against the Cowboys in Dallas.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Dallas and the Giants are even teams on a neutral field? I don't. I expect Giants to win outright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think Dallas is every bit as good on a neutral field. I also think homefield in this one is worth a little something extra given that it's a more important game for Dallas. Both teams are shakey @QB; though the Cowboys problems in that area have just been more publicized because of the endless hype on the Philly game and their guy isn't named "Manning". In any case Bledsoe is generally ok at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are the Giants "shakey" at QB? Manning has thrown for an average of 265.8 yrds/g and has completed 65.3% and has a QB rating of 92.3. The Giants haven't had publicized problems in that area not because his last name is Manning but because Eli has been good. What is "shakey" is your reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK we'll see...if you just go by stats then Bledsoe is first ballot HOF.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK we'll see...if you just go by stats then Bledsoe is first ballot HOF.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing to "we'll see." You might as well say "I think I'll ignore the facts and wait to see if he has a bad game." You said the Giants are "shakey" at QB. If that is the case then so are about 20 other NFL teams this year. Here is a comparsion for you. Everyone is going crazy over Grossman this year

R.Grossman1387 yrds 107/189 cmp/att that is 56.6% 10/7 TD/Int 82.0 Rating
E. Manning1329 yrds 115/176 cmp/att that is 65.3% 11/7 TD/Int 92.3 Rating

and Eli has played one less game

How about Tom Brady is he shaky and Matt Hassleback is he "shakey"?

T. Brady 1031 yrds 88/163 cmp/att that is 53.9% 8/3 td/int 82.6 Rating
M. Hassleback 1122 yrds 96/159 cmp/att that is 60.4% 9/7 td/int 82.3 Rating
Old 10-23-2006, 12:41 AM

What do you think about teasing NYG +9.5 and Over 39?
Old 10-23-2006, 12:46 AM

The true odds for that teaser is ~+120.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing to "we'll see." You might as well say "I think I'll ignore the facts and wait to see if he has a bad game." You said the Giants are "shakey" at QB. If that is the case then so are about 20 other NFL teams this year. Here is a comparsion for you. Everyone is going crazy over Grossman this year

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for criticizing your son Archie. Look, I get that this is a poker board and the more stats you google to help your argument, the smarter you are. I also know if you go by QB rating and TD/Int ratio and completion %, Rob Johnson was the greatest QB in Bills history. I know more than a couple Giant fans who just don't share your opinion. He is still young, and seems to be pretty good in clutch situations (Philly this year, Denver last year, etc). If you were to assign a letter grade to each individual game this year though, which ones would you give him better than a B-? Wasn't the running game and defense primarily responsible for coming back on Atlanta last week despite two short throws to Shockey? Has the offense played a good 1st half yet this season? Could he have sucked any more in the playoffs last year? I'd like to have him on my team, but I still think there are legitimate questions about him. And as far as 20 other teams having shakey QB situations, well, that's probably not far from the truth. My only point was I don't think the Giants have a significant edge in that department in this particular game Monday night; and I just felt like pointing that out because I expected that most people probably don't agree; that's fine.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:19 AM

i put in a pick for the giants at +3.5. i wouldnt touch it at 3 for anything...pretty good chance this will be a 3 point game
Old 10-23-2006, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I give Bledsoe a 0.00% chance to win a big late season division road game.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no reason to use hyperbole here (I could understand it somewhat more in the SE forum), even for humor's sake. You can say 5% or 10% or whatever, make the same point, and come across as a lot more credible.

Bledsoe has come through in big games many times (including AT Carolina late last season when both teams' playoff chances were on the line); to say he can't *possibly* win in the Meadowlands later this year is just stupid. (Sorry if I'm being nitty, but statements like that just irk me.)
Old 10-23-2006, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for criticizing your son Archie. Look, I get that this is a poker board and the more stats you google to help your argument, the smarter you are. I also know if you go by QB rating and TD/Int ratio and completion %, Rob Johnson was the greatest QB in Bills history. I know more than a couple Giant fans who just don't share your opinion. He is still young, and seems to be pretty good in clutch situations (Philly this year, Denver last year, etc). If you were to assign a letter grade to each individual game this year though, which ones would you give him better than a B-? Wasn't the running game and defense primarily responsible for coming back on Atlanta last week despite two short throws to Shockey? Has the offense played a good 1st half yet this season? Could he have sucked any more in the playoffs last year? I'd like to have him on my team, but I still think there are legitimate questions about him. And as far as 20 other teams having shakey QB situations, well, that's probably not far from the truth. My only point was I don't think the Giants have a significant edge in that department in this particular game Monday night; and I just felt like pointing that out because I expected that most people probably don't agree; that's fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just giving you some stats so you could see with FACTS the absurdity of your statement. If you think all but a handful of QBs in the NFL are shakey, than I guess Eli may fall in that caterory. I am not sure he deserves worse than a B- in any game this year. Also Phila and Washington, the two divisional games, he easiy gets an A in each.