Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

Hmm... well a block down from where I live are a Wal-Mart and Toys R Us right next to each other. I'll show up early tomorrow, and hopefully I can grab one from 1 of them.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have huge difficulties locating this game tomorrow? I know that in general, hardware can sell out quickly everywhere, software can usually always be found somewhere. But will the fact this guitar hero includes the guitar affect availability at all? Or should I be able to find it somewhere tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda worried about this too...anyone? Bueller?
Old 10-28-2007, 12:21 AM

I've never been to a midnight game release before tonight-- what are the odds I'm the oldest non-parent there? (I'm 31)
Old 10-28-2007, 01:31 AM

in hands, off to play for a few hours

xbl: facialpwnage

if you want to battle/jam

[ QUOTE ]
I've never been to a midnight game release before tonight-- what are the odds I'm the oldest non-parent there? (I'm 31)

[/ QUOTE ]

there were a few older than that at my midnight release.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:35 AM

curse you and your non-pacific time zone living! I still have an hour and a half to kill.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:56 AM

I got the wii version(stupid 360 ring of death), and it feels off, it might be its not hyperspeed that is [censored] with me, the lag calibration seemed fine

but end result I can barely beat the first tier songs on hard [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 02:03 AM

I think I'm going to be the only person on the planet playing on a PS3; this should guarantee me the top of the leaderboards despite my not being very good.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got the wii version(stupid 360 ring of death), and it feels off, it might be its not hyperspeed that is [censored] with me, the lag calibration seemed fine

but end result I can barely beat the first tier songs on hard [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
The game will seem off a bit when you first try it but I think it's the new engine. Atleast for me, after I played the game for a while I was nailing HOPOs normally again. Just give it a little time.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The game will seem off a bit when you first try it but I think it's the new engine. Atleast for me, after I played the game for a while I was nailing HOPOs normally again. Just give it a little time.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah Im getting a little better hang of it, though my whammy isn't working [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so I can't beat Tom Morello as whammy = instaloss
Old 10-28-2007, 05:38 AM

I played down to tier 7 tonight on hard (ps2). In a word - underwhelming. It seems the excellent song selection from gh1 & 2 was not so good this time. The SONGS are good, but many of them are not good rock songs to play in this game. In particular I'm pretty disappointed in Knights of Cydonia. While its a great song to listen to by my favorite band, it is NOT a good GH song, and it really annoys me that (even on hard) they make it intentionally hard by putting in alt-strumming parts where its clear in the original song its not there just because its a pretty simple song. If they were looking for a difficult/fun Muse song they should have gone with New Born or something; this applies to 3's & 7's too. And I'm sorry but Tenacious D is not a rock band, its a couple actors who "made" some songs. Get that s--- out of here.

Also I can't get hyperspeed to work which annoys me greatly.