Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Mark Seif responds 1/11/07. Most amusing!

[ QUOTE ]
Your analogies are bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I warned you of that. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't have a one-outer. He's drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]
That what some people thought about OJ. I've seen enough wrongful convictions, ridiculous acquitals, and questionable judgements that I just don't believe that a hand is dead when playing at the courts, until the judge says it is.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That what some people thought about OJ. I've seen enough wrongful convictions, ridiculous acquitals, and questionable judgements that I just don't believe that a hand is dead when playing at the courts, until the judge says it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you brought up OJ. Although he wasn't convicted, he lost the civil suit, and became an abomination in the eyes of the public. Now, look what's become of him. The same fate awaits Mark Seif.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Being Mark Seif

If I were Mr. Seif, this would be my statement (Mark, I'm available if you are looking for a public relations consultant).

[ QUOTE ]

Hello Poker Community,

This is A Safe Mark, professional online poker player at Absolute Poker.

The last few days have been very trying for everyone affected by what has happened at Absolute Poker.

In light of the whirlwind of information, much of which is factually incorrect, I thought I would chime in briefly with what I know on the subject.

Absolute's security appears to have been compromised and certain users given the ability to view opponents hole cards. I will not belittle your intelligence by explaining why this development is very disconcerting for all involved with online poker. Absolute has assured me that individuals who lost money on account of this egregious crime will be refunded 100% of their losses.

Absolute and I made a few mistakes while this situation was initially surfacing.

In an effort to inform the poker community about the emerging proof of cheating, Absolute made the mistake of releasing statements based on incomplete information. Please understand that at the time the situation was very fluid and, frankly, very chaotic. Information and allegations were coming in from numerous sources, some trusted some not. We now know that some of the information we once thought to be accurate was in fact completely false.

I made the mistake of allowing my blog to be a conduit of inaccurate information. I have no one but myself to blame and for that I would like to express my sincerest apologies to everyone involved and especially for all who were directly affected.

I want the online poker community to know that I will do everything in my power to ensure that the facts of this situation are brought to light and see that the guilty parties face swift justice. I also want you to know that I will also be organizing a committee of qualified individuals from inside and outside the poker community to deliberate on how all of this may have occurred, what safe guards should have been in place to prevent it from happening and what Absolute Poker must do to be 100% certain that this can never happened again. We will present our findings to Absolute and demand that they are instituted.

Again I want to extend my sincerest apologies to those who have felt the financial brunt of this terrible situation and to everyone in the poker community for initially reporting inaccurate information.

Going forward I ask that you exercise patience. Myself, and likely Absolute as well, will only release information when it is 100% factually accurate.

Thank You,

A Safe Mark

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2007, 01:14 AM

Yes, it is even possible to win the court case and still lose. Ever read "QB VII"?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew something like this was coming.

Keep the following in mind, though: I never accused Mark of cheating on 2/15/06. Go look through my old posts here and on NWP. You will find ZERO accusations against Mark regarding cheating on AP. Same with the video I just recorded for RawVegas.TV. I have never accused him of anything, other than peculiar and unprofessional behavior. However, I have said that it was important to re-examine that questionable session, and I will continue to say it. If that bothers him, he shouldn't have become the face of the site that ended up cheating its own players.

Am I worried about being sued? Not really. Such a case would be completely laughed out of court, given all the facts that would be brought out (including facts known here and other facts that would be discovered.)

I can assure you that, if Mark sued me, it would become a huge mess for both himself and AP -- publicity-wise and otherwise. Trust me on that one especially.

[/ QUOTE ]

druff, you won't have to worry about him suing you. it's not going to happen. he knows you got cheated and are only trying to get the facts straight.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:38 AM

i don't really know all the details of the session in question (obv i know what happened) but it seems strange that no one anywhere was either watching the table and would have a datamined HH or something along those lines. also, absolute "finding" the mark seif HH is the equivalent of hillary clinton's white house documents at the clinton library being "reviewed by the national archives which takes 80 billion years" or whatever. seems to be a totally comparable situation.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:42 AM

bff imo
Old 11-02-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bff imo

[/ QUOTE ]

AP Scandal>New Folder>Payton O'Brien
Old 11-02-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Warning: This message contains one or more bad poker analogies.

Remember that not everybody who brings a suit to court does so with the intention or expectation of winning a judgement. They may hope that the cost of mounting a defence will deter the respondant from defending. It is sort of like a big stack bullying a short stack, hoping the short stack will not call.

Alternatively, Seif may think that his reputation is so badly damaged that the only hope he has is to mount a civil suit, despite the noted problems for AP. Perhaps so much of his rep is already in the pot that he is calling the turn all-in, hoping to hit his one-outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Dan Druff has enough money to fight this off. Also, if he doesn't, I'd donate to his defense fund.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bff imo

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG

I lost all respect for gambling 911