Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Borgata- - trip report Mem Day Weekend

Arrived at the Borgata on Saturday morning at 10:00 from NYC with suprisingly little traffic on the trip down. House was full on Friday night so I didn't get my room right away. Breakfast at the Metropolitan then off to the Poker room. Surprisingly there were minimal waits for a table at 11:00 am - good weather? Got my poker legs back playing 6-12 for an hour then went to play 1-2 NL. BTW, the skill level of 6-12 is no better than 3-6.

Dropped in to your average B 1-2 NL table with a mix of youngsters and older regulars. Highest stack was $400 and a few very low stacks in in the $40 range. One decent player "Mad Russian" was bullying the table fairly effectively with big $50+ preflop bets.

On one particular hand I have pocket AAs - the Mad Russian bets $50 pf and i put all in - he calls and flips pocket 5s and proceeds to catch quads!! I just laugh and send $175 his way. He comments, in all seriousness that he outplayed me and would do the same thing even if he knew what I was holding. I told him that I would run it 100 times for $1000 a hand and he he finally admitted that he got lucky and backed down.

Had a great steak at Flays and then proceeded back to the poker room. Once again, limited wait times for 1-2 and went back to a table full of short-stacked younglings wanting to have some fun and drink "free" beer. Buying in for under $100 is very foolish in this game and these guys routinely backed down when forced to decide if they were willing to go home early and risk their entire stack. $600+ for the day including my previous losses.