Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 10:11 AM

Default NYC Raids

NY Daily News Friday morning has an admittedly small article on page 30 regarding the NYC club busts Tuesday night. It's not even interesting enough to link, so I'll pass out the info now seeing as how it's a matter of public record.

Fairview on West 27th and Straddle, on 3rd Ave went down in flames at 10pm Tuesday. Seven people, all dealers, were arrested at Fairview; Straddle info wasn't released. Bizarrely, witnesses said that Fairview management told players to line up and cash out just before the raid occured.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: NYC Raids

[ QUOTE ]
It's not even interesting enough to link,

[/ QUOTE ]

Would be nice to post the link anyway.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 AM

Fair enough.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_fi...r_parlor-5.html
Old 08-31-2007, 10:48 AM

I love how its not illegal to play, only to host. So pathetic yet benefitial to all the freeloaders
Old 08-31-2007, 12:45 PM

this is probably an inappropriate (and even more naive) question, so if this gets edited or deleted by a mod, i apologize in advance:

How in the world did Straddle stay open so long????
Old 08-31-2007, 01:16 PM

this article is a perfect example why its bad to publicly discuss raids. Ready guys????

THERE WAS NO RAID. Seriously. No raid ever occurred. Raids result in arrests and confiscation of evidence, that didn't occur.

It was a visit by the police who asked the management to shut down for the evening, nobody was arrested. They were doing the card rooms a favor, the police try their best to look the other way until they are forced to take action. Some big-mouth who hasn't yet learned that nobody is allowed to discuss poker in NYC told the Daily News the rumor that he heard and now the police will have to back up their actions by shutting down the rooms for good and arresting the staff.

Poker players can be so dumb sometimes because they only think about themselves, never the needs of the community or the staff who could get hurt. This is a perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is probably an inappropriate (and even more naive) question, so if this gets edited or deleted by a mod, i apologize in advance:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is inappropriate. If someone answers in the wrong way we might have to edit the responses, or even worse ban someone if it goes too far. Sorry. Its in our best interests not to discuss.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is inappropriate. If someone answers in the wrong way we might have to edit the responses, or even worse ban someone if it goes too far. Sorry. Its in our best interests not to discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

i should have just asked someone via PM, rather than posting it. you may delete if you deem it necessary. my bad.

happy birthday, though, TT! hope you run well tonight.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:54 PM

I find your heavy handed overseeing of this topic a bit much. In all honesty next to nothing posted on this or any other board will ever have any relevance to law enforcement. The NYPD Vice Squad is not sitting here monitoring the B+M 2p2 forum on the off chance that someone decides to post some information which they had no alternate way of obtaining. Clubs are common knowledge and can easily be discovered through word of mouth, flyers, emails sent to the wrong people, etc etc etc. Most go down simply because it becomes clear that something is going on when 15 cars are parked in front of a business at 3am, and every other person coming out is a 19 year old kid with sunglasses and a shirt that says DEEEEEEEEEZ NUTS BABY!.

I'm sure you're already contemplating a reponse about what we've all heard already that Vice mentioned 2p2 during raids and what not. Allow me to save you the trouble. This might occur in 1 or 2 out of 100 cases. I'm sure it's POSSIBLE they could gain information off this or similar boards, but it's rarely if ever. I've been involved dealing, running the floor, sharing profits, and playing in 3 different clubs that got busted while I was involved or right after I became uninvolved. None was busted because of some covert LE operation that included monitoring internet boards. The bottom line is, these places will be taken down after awhile simply because they're against the law. Some last a bit longer than others, but, in the end, every one goes down. 2p2's bizarre method of "protecting" rooms that everyone in a 100 mile radius already knows about accomplishes little. If he wants to know why X room stayed open longer than Y room, it's a valid question. We actually should be considered ENTITLED to said information because it may be relevant to us as far as going to play there.

OT for a second, your above post confuses me a bit. Are you actually claiming that people DIDN'T get arrested Tuesday night? This would be pretty difficult for the Daily News, NY's only readable newspaper, to get wrong/make up.

Ban me if you wish.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:57 PM

pretty lame of daily news to post the address of straddle if they couldnt confirm a bust. whats the [censored] point of pointing out the address?

asshats