Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Making a stand.......

I would be interested in your website once it is up and running. I had the same problem as you did, my books say im up a whole lot and I have an empty wallet, what ever I win in a session I take ~20% out and put aside for spending monies and the rest goes back into my bankroll. But yeah, cut out the BJ and sports.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Making a stand.......

i can attest to Marc's comment that a majority of the players in NNJ are there to have fun and throw some money around.

most players just go to play lots of hands and get as much "playing time" in as possible, while playing props, betting sports, and BSing as much as possible. this camaraderie is exactly what i love about the NNJ clubs. not many guys at the table claim to be pros. they're just around to have a good time. i've seen some very successful leisure players, and if you're one of the more disciplined at ANY 1/2NL or 2/5NL table (not to mention the old 20 game at the Soccer Club), a high winrate is VERY attainable.