Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2007, 09:14 PM

Default ePassPorte trip report: no wire transfer til 4 months after open acc\'t

I just pulled my FTP cash out to ePassPorte, and attempted to use the bank wire method of withdrawal described on their web site. At least one poster here on the Internet forum had described success using this method, so I was not expecting a problem.

Arranging a bank wire requires a phone call to them, so after trying their toll free number for an hour and getting nothing but busy signals, I went to their pay number, after which I was put on hold for an hour.

When I reached the first level of customer service rep, they refused to allow me to make a wire transfer because I had not been a member of their site for four months.

Nowhere is this requirement disclosed on their web site, so I asked to speak with a supervisor, who confirmed that this is their policy, and that it is not disclosed on their web site.

So now I'm stuck cashing out in dribs and drabs or waiting for another two months to do a bank wire due to restrictions that were not listed anywhere.

The supervisor added that "we are not in the business of cashing people out" and also said that Full Tilt Poker is basically up [censored] creek looking for payment providers and that since poker players have no other options, ePassPorte's lack of disclosure about restrictions on accounts (and poor customer service and long hold times and tiny withdrawal limits) is not going to cost them any business. I'd like to believe that she's wrong, but who knows.

(Mods, lock/delete if you want, I'll also post to the ePassPorte thread, but I feel this is newsworthy enough to stand on its own.)