Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Mario Galaxy: 97 on Metacritic

I don't know what the deal with you guyses gamestop is, I went and bought a copy today. Maybe my store broke street date?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what the deal with you guyses gamestop is, I went and bought a copy today. Maybe my store broke street date?

[/ QUOTE ]
They ship today - some stores get them on the shelves today, some don't. I live about 80 miles from the nearest major airport so we never get games until the day after they ship. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 12:19 AM

Got it tonight. I will start tomorrow after work.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Crap, it's out on Friday here. I've still got like the last third of Zelda to do as well as more or less the entirety of Corruption. I need to stop being so slack although I believe that this isn't too long

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah same here. I've got like 1 level left in Zelda and a little more than half of Metroid to go. The only game I've fully beaten recently is Super Paper Mario.

I stopped in to Walmart and Best Buy today thinking the game was out, no luck. Guess I'm heading back out tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:20 AM

Got mine at Gamestop today, 3 stars in, the whole planet thing is a little weird and disorienting at first but I'm getting more used to it. This will be pretty -EV for poker I think. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, I'm fairly sure the commemorative coin I got as a result of pre-ordering at Gamestop is going to make an awesome card protector when playing live. I used to use the Oblivion collector's edition coin, and it was super rad, but then I lost it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 12:35 PM

I'm just 6 stars in, but I think it has a lot of potential. So far things have varied between easy and disorientating, but that should change as I get farther in. This is the first game I've played in a long long time that has recaptured some of that excitement you get when you know you're playing an epic game.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:43 PM

Last night, I got some bonus stars from the "cosmic orbit" or whatever. It lets you replay levels but you have to do it in a certain time limit or race a shadow Mario. You have to look at the map to see where the special star is. It was really really fun.
And yeah, that candy galaxy is tough... I lost like ten lives trying to do it. I still haven't gotten through it.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:54 PM

I got up to about 16 stars and wow this is fun. My only complaint is that the organization of galaxies into planets means it kinda feels like you're performing a bunch of small tasks in succession (getting off each planet and moving to the next) as opposed to Mario 64, where you had these huge expansive worlds to run around in; each "mission" felt more cohesive.

It is early in the game though so future galaxies may address this complaint. That's really all I have to bitch about so far though, this game is sweeeeet and makes me feel like I'm a little kid again.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got up to about 16 stars and wow this is fun. My only complaint is that the organization of galaxies into planets means it kinda feels like you're performing a bunch of small tasks in succession (getting off each planet and moving to the next) as opposed to Mario 64, where you had these huge expansive worlds to run around in; each "mission" felt more cohesive.

It is early in the game though so future galaxies may address this complaint. That's really all I have to bitch about so far though, this game is sweeeeet and makes me feel like I'm a little kid again.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem I originally had with the previews way back when - the lack of big open worlds. The reviews do say that they are there though...
Old 11-15-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem I originally had with the previews way back when - the lack of big open worlds. The reviews do say that they are there though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... it's actually more wide open than it looks. Some worlds aren't... like sometimes you can't backtrack, but it's the same way in the classic Mario games. It feels really closed because I always feel like I'm gonna fall off the planet, but then Mario just runs under the planet instead and all is good.