FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 6. FR MP2 w/ 88
Raise 2 4.88%
Call 19 46.34%
Fold 20 48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

Tdarko - Please make a list of other holidays you will rant about so that I can mark them on my calendar. I can't wait to hear you tell us why free turkey and stuffing is goofy.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, because you should be the one to decide this. Guess what, plenty of kids can eat a 100 lbs of candy on Halloween and still not get fat. It isn't about the candy, it is about you hating on something that is so harmless. That is why people mention the candy, because you're making a giant bitching thread about a holiday that is basically all about people having fun and getting free stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

The effect candy has on kids has really not a lot to do w/ a kid getting fat. We can turn this into a nutritional thread if you would like b/c that is an area I have studied but just understand that your post was way off base and you are looking at the effects of candy incorrectly. Anyway, this thread isn't about high GI food and its effects--it is about Halloween!!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:52 PM

tdarko,

Why is it that women like baseball players more than any other sport? I mean seriously, you guys get more ass than basketball and football jocks by far and have the least strenuous of the three jobs (don't get me wrong you guys are generally super fit, just look at Paplebon's legs from that one video where he pranced around the outfield in tights - goddamn the guy can probably leg press eight bills easily). Is it the crotch grabbing in the outfield? Rafael Ramirez led the NL in crotch grabbing for much of the 80s and into the early 90s. Did he get extra ass for this even though he got fat in his later years? I mean seriously, I don't get it.

And the reason I mention this is, you allude to how easy it is to pull ass. But we're like ropes on the Goodyear Blimp and you're flying high overhead. Us losers need holidays and occasions like Halloween to take advantage of the provocative dress, slutty undertones, etc. You do not. Every day is Halloween for you. Without the candy of course because that's for fat gay kids with unruly parents.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:53 PM

DK- Did you not read this thread? Please go back and read my earlier posts, you will then see my stance on food and holidays. Thx.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DK- Did you not read this thread? Please go back and read my earlier posts, you will then see my stance on food and holidays. Thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. The title says it all. You hate fun and celebration.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:02 PM

I'm at home sick with the flu. [censored] Halloween.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:03 PM

tuq,

lol, hmmm. Well I had to slow down a certain lifestyle when I met my future fiancee, she was very skeptical about me so I had to prove her wrong (and I did)! I don't know why baseball more than any other sport--football would make more sense to me.

I don't think people need holidays to get tail, I think holidays provide a good forum to watch certain women act in a light in which they normally wouldn't but you can go down to wherever the hot spot is in any big city and find a ton of hot slutty girls acting crazy. Done deal. It doesn't need to be Halloween. I do agree w/ everyone though that Halloween is the only time when you are going to see a scantily clad Pocahontas or Nurse or School Girl or whatever creation is come up w/. This is cool. But as far as getting laid, this is something that can be done any night.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tdarko - Please make a list of other holidays you will rant about so that I can mark them on my calendar. I can't wait to hear you tell us why free turkey and stuffing is goofy.

[/ QUOTE ]

-1 for not reading previous posts

-2 for not explaining where this free turkey and stuffing comes from? is this some government subsidy I'm not aware of?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:05 PM

tdarko,
I agree with you and also have had similar thoughts about most holidays/birthdays, but generally holidays are still a lot more fun than an average day because of how the average person treats them.

Edit: I mean WTF you must hate life. Do you kick kids when they show up at your door. Good job Scrooge.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:07 PM

DK,

I have fun every day of my life. I don't need a marked day on my calender to have fun.

Also, what are you celebrating on Halloween? Are you actually celebrating All Saint's Day, really? Nobody else is. Are celebrating candy? Ghosts? What are you celebrating? Halloween is a marketable event and that is all, it isn't a celebration so don't act like is.

One more thing, I love celebration--but I love celebration when there is something to celebrate about.