Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: River my Flush and madness breaks out

[ QUOTE ]
I think id call here...when you raise the flop like that you are committing yourself to the pot if a flush hits. Its only a 2/3 pot size bet even though 130BB, not a huge over bet compared to the pot.

Because the river was Ace of clubs rather then some other one, i feel a lot better about my hand. There are a lot less hands he could have that beat you. 23/23 isn't that loose, KcQc is obviously a concern but is he going to be raising Kc10c UTG? there just aren't many hands that beat you. Also the ace connects with a lot of hands making 2 pairs and other good hands. He could have AJ or A9.

He could simply be sensing weakness and trying to steal it, note the high river agg factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I am a 21.5/17.5/3.5 and I raise KTs UTG.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:33 AM

i like turn push given your flop line. i think the only hand pfr makes that move with on river that you beat is aa.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:52 AM

The one thing, that I think is being omitted from this discussion is the fact that this hand is basically big stack poker.

I agree that the proper turn in retrospect was to push the turn, knowing what I know now, but look back at the situation. I think its actually a toss up between push/check behind

Pot = $90
Button has $11 left
SB has $66 left.

SB Checks, I push for $66.

What have you got?

1.) Pot would equal $156.
2.) Button would be getting approx 15-1 on his money for a call, so he's in. Pot is now $167
3.) Back to SB with $66 behind. He's getting approx 2.5 - 1 to call there. With all the draws on that board, plus the fact that it is NL50 and people do play sets & 2pair disgustingly, chances are good that I'm going to showdown with at BEST a 30% chance, but more likely some outs are discounted and probably only a 25% chance of actually winning the hand. Throw in the fold equity there and it probably even between the two possibilities. In reality I only had 6 outs, or a 12% chance.

I think its close either way when looking at the odds that were available to calculate at the time of the decision.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:00 AM

Hes got a flushyy wusshhyyyy, he's not a silly billy and hes playing the river like he has a 10ft willllly.

Like my poetry? foldy woldy

Fold preflop, i dont like raising the flop - just call again.

if you have Kc 2c its very different
Old 09-23-2007, 04:56 PM

I dont understand your raise on the flop at all really, your re raising after already a raise and a re raise. Ok now i have read ur reasoning for that, however i do still think its a mistake putting that much money in the pot when a call might give you little outs( as u said u thought the original raiser might be on a draw)and u also have to fold ( just i think?) if he pushes back on you with a set.
I think chances of a pure bluff are low in this situation despite checks on turn as so much money in pot and any flush draw has made it,(also means he is unlikely to push a set) despite making ur hand i think u can lay it down with the knowledge he is likely to have the flush and any flush beats u.

Wish this post was a little more fluent.