Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: help save 6 young mens lives please!!!

I saw something about this for the first time today, and it makes me sick to my stomach. I'm from southerns Louisiana, close to the coast, and I've never seen any sort of racism this bad at all. This is completely ridiculous, and I wish there was something that could be done on our part to help this unfortunate cause.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:57 AM

get this thread outta here. this is happy bbv4l land. take it to OOT, or politics, or home poker
Old 09-02-2007, 04:26 AM

So basically black people should not even have to go on trial for committing assault if it's on a white person?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:44 AM

I would expect poker players to not have such emotional knee-jerk reactions. This is not to claim that there hasn't been a miscarriage of justice, just that you should keep your cool until you learn the facts. Nothing bad can come from better informing yourself, but it definitely can from letting your emotions cloud your judgment. That video was obviously designed to get a rise out of the audience and not to fully inform them.

Also, LOL @ generalizing the South as a bunch of redneck racists in response to your disgust with bigotry.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what the [censored] is wrong with the south?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

"Two black guys are sitting under a tree. Let's hang a noose from it! That'll learn 'em not to sit under our tree!"
"Why do we care if they sit under a tree again?"
"Because black people remind us of how we treated them as slaves, and we don't like to be reminded of how awful we are. So that's why we have to hate them."
"Oh, yeah."

[/ QUOTE ]

we? You got a mouse in your pocket?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:06 AM

This is such a joke, this is gonna turn into a "loose change" type of deal, where you find out at trial there are a whole lot of facts the video conveniently omitted.

It is a shame the world isn't perfect, and that we can't have a homogeneous standard of equality across all races, genders, ages, etc, but the reality is that this is impossible, and has been since forever. For every redneck judge that sentences a violent black offender to prison, there is a liberal college admissions office letting in select minorities based on the color of their skin, and not the academic qualifications they bring to the table. I'm sure someone will find these observations overtly racist, as it is easy to consider anything that is both controversial and race related to be racist, and it really sucks we can't have a running dialog of intelligent conversation about the subject without someone feeling afraid of how others might construe their comments.

That said, taking one source of information for face value in today's society and basing your opinion on it is pretty irresponsible and quite frankly stupid. I don't doubt that in a tit-for-tat back-and-forth situation like this one, one side is going to somehow not get equal treatment, and that is unfortunate. However, I would like to see the whole story out on the table rather than a video slanted to one side before I make a judgment one way or another.

And if this topic really gets you heated, check out the movie Crash if you haven't seen it. It is a really powerful, interesting look at racial stereotypes.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:34 AM

in finland we dont really have these problems, but i think that in america you should just have different schools for the races that dont get along. you could even have like seperate public libraries and buses and stuff if its that bad. i mean they would be seperate, but equal, you know? i think it would be a big step forward for the race movement in the united states.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in finland we dont really have these problems, but i think that in america you should just have different schools for the races that dont get along. you could even have like seperate public libraries and buses and stuff if its that bad. i mean they would be seperate, but equal, you know? i think it would be a big step forward for the race movement in the united states.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLOLOLOLL
Old 09-02-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Just hope I end up in a jury soon enough, so I get to sentence some 18-year old palms springs, white, shoplifter to death. Maybe then the south will get in the fkin line.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why i hate seeing white rascism portrayed on tv.
I take it Extremely personally for good or bad and its because i know [censored] like this guy gain an apathy resentment W/e 2 whites (he may even be white btw) that is createed and maintained by a liberal (minority friendly) media.

If the Jena 6 case is as bad as described it is obv absolutely DISGUSTING, but i just wish either rascism would become less of a televised issue or like another poster said non white rascism became more highlighted on tv.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay so there are exceptions, I shouldn't have overgeneralized. Clearly I am talking about public schools near areas that spawn "ghetto" type kids.

I'm also not saying it's every single black kid. Obviously there are nice ones, nerdy ones, defenseless ones, etc. I had non-white friends same as anyone. I'm talking about the random groups of mean looking thugs you have to walk past to get home every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, not really true. My highschool was roughly 50/50, and the blacks were pretty poor while the whites were generally rich. Not a good combination but there was never problems. I was actually friends with all the black kids. A school in our conference was 80% black and extremely poor, Arlington High School in Indianapolis. Most of the kids you would call "thugs." Never had a problem there. Actually went to a party and only went with one other person which is pretty rare for me to a party with 2 lookout boys (people that sit at the front of the apartment complex to call when cops show up so drugs can be stashed) and never had a problem there. I'm normal height, I dress white, I talk white, I lift but I'm not some [censored] diesel. Its like anywhere else, white black purple if you walk/act like a bitch anyone is going to treat you as such.

Maybe its different where you're from, but I never heard or saw any racism from kids.