Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (10/9 - ME Final Table)

I gotta find my post back in July where I said I'd be shocked if ESPN used more than a minute of the interview Jerry had with with Chad.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you have to bet out on the flop if your Rahme there? You know, find out where you are and all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'd say that's the right move. However, I don't hate this play. Yang could very easily be betting something other than an ace there. Even if he does have an ace, the heat of an all in might get him to fold, and it almost did.

So, as far as this being a standard donktacular Rahme play...meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although we've seen Yang call with Ax during the FT as a rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's before he flopped a pair of aces - no way he folds.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gotta find my post back in July where I said I'd be shocked if ESPN used more than a minute of the interview Jerry had with with Chad.

[/ QUOTE ]

espn never uses more than 1 minute of anyone's conversation with norman chad
Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 PM

The better question is why only 1 hand of HU action...that was ridiculous. What a terrible production.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 PM

How many hands or how long did Yang and Lam play HU? I watched the live broadcast but can't remember now.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many hands or how long did Yang and Lam play HU? I watched the live broadcast but can't remember now.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm trying to remember, I think it was over 20...? Maybe slightly less. Didn't Jerry just raise and Lam fold a bunch?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:08 PM

Hmmm... when Yang won everyone was saying what a donk he was, but watching this he seems to be playing pretty solid aggro big stack poker. He played better than everyone at the table except Kravchenko. Everyone else was just giving away their chips.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:08 PM

As donktacular as Rahme's play with KK ended up being as the cards lay, it's a pretty tough hand to play given the stack sizes and his preflop raise amount. (But it's hard not to 3bet preflop because he is getting so much value there, if anything he could have raised more preflop.) Even if he leads out on the flop, what does he do when Jerry calls? Jerry could have Jx 8x a draw. What does he do when Jerry pushes (especially given his perception of Jerry's play)? With that flop, his hand has about 50% equity against Jerry's range and the pot is about half the size of his remaining stack, so it's not really an easy hand to play. That said, the check/raise was pretty nasty because his hand is close to the cutoff of Yang's calling versus folding range (except of course Yang calls all draws as well).
Old 10-09-2007, 10:14 PM

The Jesus stuff tilted the [censored] outta me. I couldn't bear to watch anymore after the Watkinson bustout.

Also, Russians look ridiculous in baseball caps.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... when Yang won everyone was saying what a donk he was, but watching this he seems to be playing pretty solid aggro big stack poker. He played better than everyone at the table except Kravchenko. Everyone else was just giving away their chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yang played the JJ early on badly, his call with JT was lol atrocious, his 3bet with AT versus Kravchenko was bad (but not awful), putting Kravchenko all-in with a $20 million bet with 88 was pretty terrible, his preflop call of Rahme's 3bet with A5 was also really bad.

Two of those he got burned for small amounts of his stack, the other he could have been crippled but was fortunate that (1) Childs folded QQ after putting in half his stack, (2) he ran into the only coin flip hand in Kravchenko's calling range, and (3) he flopped his ace without being dominated against Rahme (whose reraise was a clear big pair or big ace).

Yang's a nice guy and played better than some people at the final table. (Hilm's call with KQ on the AT8 flop was really bad, Watkinson's push with A7o was beyond horrific, and Khan's call with 33 versus Kravchenko's short stack all-in were all pretty bad plays from some otherwise decent players.) But while he was certainly aggro and that helped him chip up in some spots that helped him survive his running bad / bad beats in the middle of the final table, he was far from solid.