Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: 10-20 O8, who made bigger mistake?

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="green">(Facial Abuse - I don't know what this has to do with Omahahaha's original hypothetical question regarding A339s, or Dave's reply to which you responded. Are we to presume you were the BB to which Omahahaha referred -Buzz</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Buzz, I'm pretty sure he was just trying to either make a bad joke, or doesn't give a damn. I can almost guarantee you that his comment had nothing to do with the thread. I read it as his attempt to be clever and respond to the reply, out of context
Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 AM

Location: cook me on your grill and feed me to your neighbors

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="green">(Facial Abuse - I don't know what this has to do with Omahahaha's original hypothetical question regarding A339s, or Dave's reply to which you responded. Are we to presume you were the BB to which Omahahaha referred -Buzz</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Buzz, I'm pretty sure he was just trying to either make a bad joke, or doesn't give a damn. I can almost guarantee you that his comment had nothing to do with the thread. I read it as his attempt to be clever and respond to the reply, out of context

[/ QUOTE ]

im 90% sure I was the one in the hand, cause I gave him a lecture immediately, can he verify?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im 90% sure I was the one in the hand, cause I gave him a lecture immediately, can he verify?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, then I owe you my apologies. I read this as an out-of-left-field reply (the kind that I like to make).

Buzz was correct in that you could dial back the viterol of the reply- tough to read it in a joking manner, though if the guy knows you....
Old 09-18-2007, 10:24 PM

"(Facial Abuse - I don't know what this has to do with Omahahaha's original hypothetical question regarding A339s, or Dave's reply to which you responded. Are we to presume you were the BB to which Omahahaha referred and that you are now asserting that he reported your hand incorrectly? If you want to call the original poster names, please choose another place to do so - and please not on this forum at all.)-Buzz "

I think that you look at the board with the "threaded" option, while facialabuse (and I) look at it "flat". He was responding to the original poster, but did so by "replying" to the most recent post (the bottom one on the "flat" screen), which just happened to be David Breal.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:18 PM

Thanks, Jim - I also look at the board "flat" - but when I respond to a thread, I respond directly under the person to whom I direct my reply.

I realize others can also read my reply, but it's almost always directed as a reply to some particular individual, in more or less direct response to what that individual wrote. Nothing wrong with writing a reply at the end of a thread to a post in the middle of it. But in the case to which you're referring, it wasn't crystal clear to me to whom the post was directed.

This forum has an automatic filter that replaces many known four letter words with "[censored]" The word I censored wasn't filtered, and was not even as bad as a word I might use myself to a friend. But it seemed inappropriate in this forum.

I haven't read many of Lottery Larry's posts, but I don't want anybody calling him a "dick" on this forum. And whether you agree with Davebreal or not, in my humble opinion, he is a valued poster on this forum and has been very helpful to me on occasion. I certainly don't want anyone calling him a "dick," although I'm sure he'd take it laughingly in stride.

I never wanted to be a hall monitor in high school or a cop when I graduated from college. But that's the sort of role I took on when I agreed to temporarily fill in for Felicia, the regular (and excellent) moderator of this forum, while she hopefully recovers.

Anyhow, thanks to you, Jim, for your kind explanation.

Buzz