Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 07:30 PM

Default No help for live players?

Is it just me or does this site shun live players (in general) in strategy discussions? Have the internet pros become so dependant on poker tracker that they can only read a player who is described as 24/17/2???? Don't get me wrong, I have had good feedback on the strategy forums when I have posted hands from on line games, but I hear crickets chirping when I try to discuss live hands. Any one else had similar experiences?
Old 08-05-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: No help for live players?

There are plenty of discussions of live hands on the Small and Medium stakes Limit holdem forums.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:35 PM

there may in fact be on the limit boards, just not on the NL board.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:49 PM

This has been discussed before and my answer at the time is that the Full Ring forum would be the best place for B&M NL hands.

Link
Link
Old 08-05-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there may in fact be on the limit boards, just not on the NL board.

[/ QUOTE ]

As Iron already pointed out through the links he provided, the NL forum moderators encourage live play discussion. Perhaps the reason why your posts are being ignored is that the topic isn't interesting enough to the regular posters? Creating a thread topic and the origional post is like advertising, you have to lure in the discussion. Start by evaluating yourself first, I think you will get great results in the full ring, micro, and small stakes NL forums that way.

PS: mid-stakes limit is practically all live hands now a days, thats so cool!
Old 08-05-2007, 08:00 PM

Thanks for the links, I'll try full ring. Sorry for rehashing old material, feel free to delete thread due to redundancy.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or does this site shun live players (in general) in strategy discussions? Have the internet pros become so dependant on poker tracker that they can only read a player who is described as 24/17/2???? Don't get me wrong, I have had good feedback on the strategy forums when I have posted hands from on line games, but I hear crickets chirping when I try to discuss live hands. Any one else had similar experiences?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's a problem right now. I'm also primarily interested in live strategy, but when I visit the 2+2 strategy forums, they're filled with PT 24/17/2 (or whatever), just as you say. There doesn't appear to be much interest in live strategy in this community, which is quite understandable - obviously, the focus is online.

So, although there may be some nuggets of wisdom to be unearthed, I'm finding that it's a more effective use of my time to work from other study materials from other sources, and do my own independent work. I do wish that there was a 2+2 group that was interested in live strategy, but I'm not letting that stand in the way of my studies.

I do enjoy stopping by the B&M forums for all the stories, though - this is a great forum.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, although there may be some nuggets of wisdom to be unearthed, I'm finding that it's a more effective use of my time to work from other study materials from other sources, and do my own independent work. I do wish that there was a 2+2 group that was interested in live strategy, but I'm not letting that stand in the way of my studies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any good resources to share?

I use to play just limit and I never found a problem finding live-centric discussion. The no-limit forums however are lacking a lot of live content.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:49 PM

This thread is pretty indicative of what I am talking about. My OP was pretty much me whining about live players being shunned and in about an hour it has over 100 views and 8 replies. When we post strategy something like this with the word "live" in the title it gets 23 views and no responses while getting bumped to page 5 in about 14 hours. It sounds like there is plenty of intrest in a B&M strategy forum how difficult would it be to get that added??
Old 08-05-2007, 09:16 PM

I think that part of it is that you have many online-only players on 2+2. Personally I have never checked out the Full Ring forum, but I will now just to see what is over there...

I'm not sure if a Live Small Stakes, Live Medium Stakes, etc. would be all that helpful... The strategies are the same, although the donkiness of a live game cannot be matched online quite as easily!