Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Sean Combs: very smart or the luckiest guy worth 350m on the plane

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

People say retarded stuff when they are insanely jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is he jealous of his money? I doubt he talks like that about everyone with money. Some people aren't likable for good reasons, and Puff Daddy is one of them if you listen to most of his interviews.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, jealous of his money. It seems that you guys are equating likability with smarts. When did I ever say he was likable? He isnt, I think he is a douche, but I dont see how anyone can say the guy doesnt have great business sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, I was just hijacking this thread a bit. I just remember Reggie Miller saying one day that all haters are just jealous of him, which even if it's true it's a pointless comment and/or retarded. But yea, I wont go any deeper into it, Puff Diddy is a smart guy.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:21 PM

I respect anybody that claws their way to the top, but only so far. And anybody that makes that much money has intelligence, even if they're only smart enough to get somebody else to make the money for them.

[ QUOTE ]
Oprah is worth 1Billion+.....

Puff Daddy is a [censored] idiot cant stand his guts I dont think he knows as much as people thinks he knows he's just some dufus with other smart people working for him and he got very lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

For such a smart poker player this is incredibly idiotic to say. I like how 'you can't stand his guts' yet you probably know next to nothign about him, and anything you do know was pulled from flash driven media rags. Yes, this includes me, also.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is he jealous of his money? I doubt he talks like that about everyone with money. Some people aren't likable for good reasons, and Puff Daddy is one of them if you listen to most of his interviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, jealous of his money. It seems that you guys are equating likability with smarts. When did I ever say he was likable? He isnt, I think he is a douche, but I dont see how anyone can say the guy doesnt have great business sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when Donald Trump gives you props for your Buisness skills, you have serious game.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oprah is worth 1Billion+.....

Puff Daddy is a [censored] idiot cant stand his guts I dont think he knows as much as people thinks he knows he's just some dufus with other smart people working for him and he got very lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a dumb thing to say. How stupid can you be if you're intelligent enough to surround yourself with very smart people that will make you lots and lots of money?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually doesn't take much brains to surround yourself with smart people. It could be argued that the dumber you are, the easier it is to see and do that!

Ego is the main determinant, provided someone isn't a total fool, as to whether they can stay out of their own way enough to surround themseelves with the best people and guide and motivate them. Having a big fat ego seems to strike both dumb and smart people.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:44 PM

it's gotta be his deal with proactiv
Old 03-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Incredibly driven and talented. Also, incredibly lucky.

IMO, to reach the elite echelons you must have good luck.

Cliched, but so often true: it is better to be lucky than good. I'll even admit that I have way more luck on my side than I do talent or drive.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when Donald Trump gives you props for your Buisness skills, you have serious game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the Donald is always scrupulously honest and up front in making statements in public.

That kind of comment is akin to authors' blurbs on other authors' books. Scratch my back etc.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:57 PM

The Donald used to be criticzed for his business acumen quite a bit. He doesn't seem to be regarded critically at all anymore.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Sean Combs: very smart or the luckiest guy worth 350m on the planet?

how can you not give him his due? the man has revolutionized music videos, beats and remixes. his clothing line is very hot (in the hip hop world). he is a superstar flat out. you can say he is funny looking or ugly, but lets not say he is stupid or lucky. the man has earned my respect.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:53 PM

very smart and ambitious.