Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all over)

[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with them running it as many times at they want. As others have pointed out, it's alot of money and it's theirs so they can do what they want. It doesn't make for quite as good TV, but the world doesn't revolve around making good TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think that running it multiple times is even better for the voyeuristic thrill we're looking for. Indeed, the one thing the show DOES need to change is adding split screen of the player's faces when the cards are dealt, so you can see Sammy's face crumble and Patrik's light up...
Old 11-27-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

I dont know I mean we have seen Guy reraising with marginal hands throu the whole session
Old 11-27-2007, 02:13 PM

Everything in this show seems to go as planned.
10 Hands
Antonio Doesn't Play a Hand but still "loves these guys"
Guy, Jamie, and Sammy lose about 700k combined.
Doyle, David, and Patrik are the major recipients.

Jamie looks pathetic (what was he thinking joining this table)
At least David and Barry thought he played well though...
Patrik to Jamie "Are you sure you have to leave?"
Old 11-27-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guy has not made a move the entire session and has won like every pot as well as showed down some big hands. I'm very suprised Doyle called (what hand did he put Guy on?). I don't think Guy is a good player but I think it was a good spot to pull a big bluff off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to watch the episodes again. Guy made a dumb CR against Gold earlier. He also showed down some very weak hands that just happened to catch a card.

[/ QUOTE ]

He made a dumb check raise bc of the structure of the board but he still had an overpair.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:42 PM

Come on barryg1, what did you fold preflop in the Brunson v. Guy hand?? AJ maybe? small 2pr hand?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His knowledge of the game is almost non existent. Here is an example, I think Townsend likely already blogged about it, if he didn't should have.

Guy raises the button with AA and Brian re-raises with QQ, stakes are huge. Guy flat calls, which is OK if you are trying to be deceptive so that is a point of contention. Either way the flop brings an Ace, Brian bets and Guy calls with a set. The turn brings a Q and Brian pushes and Guy insta calls.

From what I heard this was a very scary hand for all involved because it pointed out that Guy is very difficult to understand because he doesn't have any idea what he is doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played above ssnl, but whats wrong with his play here? Unless Im reading it wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aba got owned so they have to try too spin it

[/ QUOTE ]

A wireless keyboard let me rotflmao while typing this.

GS
Old 11-27-2007, 03:08 PM

guy came over as the noob, but i m not 100% sure about it...
if you argue that he plays on his reading skills, cause he can survive a $1 Mil. loss easily, he could ve read Doyle as not strong enough to call basically all-in, which was actually correct. Doyle just outplayed him cause he had an even better read, lol! (...everyone who says it s an easy call for Doyle is just a huge fish himself, AT and a flushdraw on the turn, lol, he doesnt beat much with that unless his flush hits with ONE card to come... He could already be the huge underdog vs. a set, 2 pair...)
Against Sammy he read him a strong (as he was!) and lost the minimum, other players would put much more in that pot, esp. vs a (steaming) Sammy, and would ve lost much more, casue Sammy wouldnt have layed his hand down...
so, all in all, not REALLY BAD plays here, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt at least. The commentary at the QQQ hand was just so negative regarding Guy, AJ and Gabe basically berated him on not reraising Sammy with the worse hand and not lose much more, LOL!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guy has not made a move the entire session and has won like every pot as well as showed down some big hands. I'm very suprised Doyle called (what hand did he put Guy on?). I don't think Guy is a good player but I think it was a good spot to pull a big bluff off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to watch the episodes again. Guy made a dumb CR against Gold earlier. He also showed down some very weak hands that just happened to catch a card.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a poor player no question about that. I would not call that CR a "move" though. The question is how likely is it that Guy makes a big move against a tight player in a multi-way pot? Given his "nice-guy" persona he kind of fostered it makes it even less likely.

On a side note I think it is possible that Guy did not raise his QT to be nice to Sammy who was looking kind of frustrated at this point..
Old 11-27-2007, 03:19 PM

no chance doyle was steaming because of he got told about the flush vs flush hand vs jamie just evfore it? then thought "omg the donk had alower flush well now way i let these donks get away again when think they raise for value but are actually bluffing, time to pwn some fish!"

and would doyle call without the flushdraw?

and is guy blyffing or he thinks he has the best ahdn o that this his added straightdraw somehow gave homa huge hand?

anyway sick to have 800K pot with pair vs pair. lays downs a flush but calls without much hesitation with one pair, genious or steam?

edit 2: oh he even said it himself. thats a pretty massive tilt lol
Old 11-27-2007, 03:47 PM

thank god jamie has gone now... he slowed the game down with his jibberish and constant talking. maybe now ill get to see MORE hands of actal POKER.ep 14 was the best 500k buy in episode by far. hope it continues [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]