Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Bankroll beginnings

Just thought it would be interesting to hear from people how they began their bankrolls and how long it took them to progress throught each stakes to where they play at now!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Bankroll beginnings

$200 in June NL25 to $3k NL100 now. I withdrew $2k last month too. I should be at NL200 but am going to be NL100 until new year I think [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 12:42 PM

i sattyd into the million, had a nice score and started from there at 50nl
Old 11-21-2007, 12:44 PM

Well ill go first. i began playin 5c-10c which i roughly describe as poker at all its that loose but mostly i played tournaments. I had several major cashes totally about 5k including 20th in the fulltilt weekly 750k. I knew little about cash game play and immediately started playing nl200 which i lost a LOT! of money on. I found 2p2 and begun to learn the art of cash game play finally itching towards success. I currently have a role of about the 3k mark and reside at fulltilt 100nl hoping one day to progress to the big time making the real money (as we all do haha).
Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 PM

I used to play freerolls, win a bit then build that up and lose it as I was playing stakes too big for my bankroll. I think I put about $400 on about a year ago playing micro, and thats the first and last deposit I ever made. I now basically live off my bankroll which is overrolled for 1/2 that I play. Will look to easing my way into 2/4 over new year perhaps, and want to start putting a % of my winnings away each month into savings.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 PM

I deposited $20 into Titan and played their $24 sngs, the ones with the bonus for winning 6 in a row (cause I'm delusional and thought I had a chance at winning), worked that up to 700 (won 5 in a row once), then back down to 100. Moved to Stars, got staked in a $22 180-man SNG and got 4th. Busted that money, continually loaded $22 into my account to try again at the 180s.. finally gave up and loaded $300 on Party, and turned it into a bunch of money.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:48 PM

you live off your roll> how much a week do u make at that limit if u dnt mind me asking
Old 11-21-2007, 12:50 PM

Started w/ $100 on stars playing micros. I built it up to $750 and thought I was good...but it was just variance March 2007 is when I really started studying on 2+2 and have been a consistent winner. Did some bonus whoring/rakeback hunting for a bit and worked up to ssnl. I'm now playing 100NL cuz I withdrew a
lot of my roll to by a house.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you live off your roll> how much a week do u make at that limit if u dnt mind me asking

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is a new thing for me (over the summer holidays and past month or two). I'm at uni in London, so my loan basically goes on partying. I dont know what I'd do without my poker money for rent/food/etc. Hopefully should have near a $10k month for Nov without RB and bonuses which obviously add up to a few $k also. This is by far my best month to date as I've really knuckled down and played a lot of hands for me.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:00 PM

had £50 on betfair. played £5 SNGs. Was break even for a few weeks, then grew and grew, soon on £10 SNGs which i grinded for months.

moved to cash, 10k hands at NL50 and never looked back, peaked at NL500. but cashed out loads for car and flat.

so never really made a deposit...ever.