Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Brag: local wins wpt foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Yeah, then he lost a few million on the first two hands. He shoved in from the button on me and i called with KJ. He had been tilty so i put him on a 9 or ten and figured KJ was really good. He rolled over AK and i looked at him and i said- "Bad news for you son is that the Jack is coming on the river." then BAM jack on the river."

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate quoting myself, but when he was telling me this stuff. I was eyeing up his pj bottoms and listening to his babble. I looked at him with the purest form of confusion and hatred during this monologue of stupidity. He actually said that preflop he put him on a "Nine or ten" and i could feel myself dying internally.

I don't know if any of you have ever listened to somebody talk and just tried to express "i hate you" facially. That's what i was projecting.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre just jealous because you dont have a cool million.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:37 PM

i dont really see how any of this should come off as surprising, from the updates from 18 on in it was clear he ws the worst player, and typically horrible players have this mindset.

like, durrr 3betshoved over an utg opener, and to Vela that means "he shoved from the button and i put him on a nine or a ten"

Old 11-26-2007, 03:38 PM

you think durrr could beat a wpt champion?? ha!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:39 PM

i dont see this guy as the type to put money online...but hell lose 20K a month in wpts for the next 18 months...and probably lose 30-40K at the world series...a monkey could beat cash games at foxwoods so hopefully he keeps playing where OP saw him and OP takes his money
Old 11-26-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Bad news for you son is that the Jack is coming on the river." then BAM jack on the river."

[/ QUOTE ]
oh snap, this guy delivers
Old 11-26-2007, 03:46 PM

DURRRRR
Old 11-26-2007, 03:48 PM

I predict 225 replies
Old 11-26-2007, 03:53 PM

Was this the guy that shoved for like 400 times the BB after Durr raised UTG when they were like 8 handed and showed AA after Durrrr folded?

<33333333
Old 11-26-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont really see how any of this should come off as surprising, from the updates from 18 on in it was clear he ws the worst player, and typically horrible players have this mindset.

like, durrr 3betshoved over an utg opener, and to Vela that means "he shoved from the button and i put him on a nine or a ten"

[/ QUOTE ]

bro deny it all you want but this guy can play some poker...he may have been wrong in the KJ hand but he knows a 9 or a 10 when he sees it...just look how he played a 10 here

[ QUOTE ]
Mike Vela has the button in seat 3, Deeb raises from early position to 105,000, and Vela calls from the button. The flop comes K53, Deeb bets 100,000, and Vela calls. The turn card is the 7, and both players check.

The river card is the 2, Deeb checks, Vela bets 350,000, and Deeb asks, "You bluffing, man?" Vela is silent for a while before he says, "I'll show you." Deeb says, "What are you going to show me, your bluff?"

Deeb folds, and Vela shows 108 for ten high -- a total bluff. Mike Vela takes the pot worth 510,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

so maybe he had a slight misread but his instincts are spot on...he felt that jack...hes like mel gibson in maverick
Old 11-26-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Yeah, then he lost a few million on the first two hands. He shoved in from the button on me and i called with KJ. He had been tilty so i put him on a 9 or ten and figured KJ was really good. He rolled over AK and i looked at him and i said- "Bad news for you son is that the Jack is coming on the river." then BAM jack on the river."

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate quoting myself, but when he was telling me this stuff. I was eyeing up his pj bottoms and listening to his babble. I looked at him with the purest form of confusion and hatred during this monologue of stupidity. He actually said that preflop he put him on a "Nine or ten" and i could feel myself dying internally.

I don't know if any of you have ever listened to somebody talk and just tried to express "i hate you" facially. That's what i was projecting.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre just jealous because you dont have a cool million.

[/ QUOTE ]

anything more obvious you want to state. i'm super jealous, plus this guy is a clown which makes me bitter.