Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Next on Faux News: Hitler found not guilty of killing eskimos

LIBBY CONVICTED OF LYING TO THE FBI.

one count of lying to the FBI about how he learned Plame's identity -- GUILTY.

One of the counts that he was convited of was "lying to the FBI".

Libby was found guilty on a count that consisted of lying to the FBI.

Was Libby found innocent of lying to the FBI? No. One of the counts of lying to the FBI, he was found guilty.

Or to put it another way, Libby was convicted and found guilty of lying to the FBI.

In other words, it would be a lie to say Libby was found innocent of lying to the FBI, since that was one of the charges he was convicted of.

Note: Libby was convicted of lying to the FBI.
Cliff notes: Libby convicted of lying to the FBI.

Still waiting for any left wing pinko publication that stated Clinton was not impeached.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, how can any reasonable person support this trash? From Roger Ailes, long-time GOP political operative and current headmaster of Fox News

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know how right of center people feel watching the other news networks and the big 3 broadcast networks. They have Tim Russert's, George Stephanopolous' and others who are former Democratic Party operatives. It is certainly fair to point out Ailes' past as a partisan. I hope you are as troubled by former Democratic partisans in important media positions?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:36 PM

Listen, everyone knows that Fox/Faux News has a decidedly republican slant--I would say conservative, but right now, that defies logic and would not be an accurate picture.

If some people think that fox news is so "objective", do yourselves a favor and try this exercise: the next time there is an "event" in the world, start checking lots of newcasts. I mean look at NBC, CBS, CBC, BBC, Moscow news, German News, Aljazeera, Iranian news service etc and see what each of them have to say about the same event.

The truth is a best described as a big circle: each side will tell the part which is most convenient to their watchers or owners. Once you put all of the tidbits together, only then will you truly gain an understand the event. If you only watch one news channel all of the time, you will miss out on the news because they aren't telling you everything about it.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LIBBY CONVICTED OF LYING TO THE FBI.

one count of lying to the FBI about how he learned Plame's identity -- GUILTY.

One of the counts that he was convited of was "lying to the FBI".

Libby was found guilty on a count that consisted of lying to the FBI.

Was Libby found innocent of lying to the FBI? No. One of the counts of lying to the FBI, he was found guilty.

Or to put it another way, Libby was convicted and found guilty of lying to the FBI.

In other words, it would be a lie to say Libby was found innocent of lying to the FBI, since that was one of the charges he was convicted of.

Note: Libby was convicted of lying to the FBI.
Cliff notes: Libby convicted of lying to the FBI.

Still waiting for any left wing pinko publication that stated Clinton was not impeached.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question: What charge was Libby acquitted of? Just wondering?

And the House voted down two Articles of Impeachment against Clinton, do you deny that?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 PM

Jeffery Dahmer found innocent of murder. Jeffery Dahmer was charged with 17 counts of murder, he was convicted on 15 counts. Why did Jeffery Dahmer go to jail? TWICE he was found innocent of murder. Was Jeffery Dahmer a serial killer? HE WAS FOUND INNOCENT.

Please show the headline of the liberal rag that said CLINTON NOT IMPEACHED.

PS>>> LIBBY CONVICTED OF LYING TO THE FBI
Old 03-07-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bbbzzzzzz.... WRONG! Sorry but they were investigating a crime. The FBI does not investigate non-crimes. Sorry, thanks for playing. Better luck next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is still the most logical explanation of what that banner means:

Libby Convicted of 4 Counts
But was there even a crime

Yes, they were investigating an alleged crime. No, they did not find evidence to support that the alleged crime was committed. During that investigation, Libby committed a crime or crimes by lying to the FBI for which he has now benen convicted. The top line of the banner says this.

The qustion is what does the second line mean. I am guessing it means that the segment was about the underlying crime (exposing a CIA operative), not the lying to the FBI. As my previous post points out, that is kinda of the conservative line now ... yeah, you got one guy lying, but there was no underlying crime ... probably said in a defensive way meant to imply that this isn't as bad as everyone is saying. I could be wrong ... only someone who saw the segment can tell us what they were talking about but I'd bet I'm close.

By the way, taking a single photo like this and trying to attach significance to it is like discussing a hand without knowing the blinds, stack size, etc. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

NCAces
Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 PM

There was a study done a few years back, about which I posted, that showed that viewers of Fox and CBS were the least well-informed about Iraq. I think most observers would agree that those are the two networks that are most biased in their presentations of the new.

Any network that advertises itself as "fair and balanced" probably isn't either. Kind of like when they tell you " worldfamous movie star" so-and-so will be making an appearance. If he was a world famous movie star, he wouldn't need the intro " world famous movie star."
Old 03-07-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kind of like when they tell you " worldfamous movie star" so-and-so will be making an appearance. If he was a world famous movie star, he wouldn't need the intro " world famous movie star."

[/ QUOTE ]

2+2 urban legend

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a study done a few years back, about which I posted, that showed that viewers of Fox and CBS were the least well-informed about Iraq. I think most observers would agree that those are the two networks that are most biased in their presentations of the new.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and I doubt very few disagree that Fox is biased to the right. However, what I find stange is that absolute obsession some have with everything Fox News. Thread after thread recounting every mistake or bias.

Despite falling ratings, the big 3 newscasts still have a much larger audience than Fox. It is not even close. Cardcounter and friends don't seem to care about bias or mistakes elsewhere, it is simply all Fox News all the time.
Let's keep thiings in perspective: Only a tiny fraction of Americans watch Fox News.

If those who attack Fox would be willing to admit biases at other networks, I would be willing to take them more seriously. But when you only find conservative bias, and apparently deny any liberal bias elsewhere, then it is difficult to take them as honest critics of the news.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Any network that advertises itself as "fair and balanced" probably isn't either. Kind of like when they tell you " worldfamous movie star" so-and-so will be making an appearance. If he was a world famous movie star, he wouldn't need the intro " world famous movie star."

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy,
i wonder how NPA Ed miller feels about your position here.