Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-17-2007, 09:03 PM

Default 56s...Line Check please

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($3.01)
SB ($2.70)
BB ($7.12)
Hero ($4.86)
MP1 ($10.26)
MP2 ($2.84)
CO ($4.89)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.04</font>, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.12) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.36</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.84) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.84</font>, BB calls $0.84.

River: ($2.52) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.52
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $2.52, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by BB ($2.52).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Kh Kc (two pair, kings and nines).
Hero has 6d 5d (two pair, nines and sixes).
Outcome: BB wins $2.52. </font>

Is this river a good river to bluff with....or is a check better seeing as he might be calling a lot of the time. My read was spot on pretty much but could I have played this hand better in any way?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: 56s...Line Check please

Raise preflop but other then that I like the way you played this.

I guess I need to elaborate.

Open limping/limping preflop is pretty weak and unnecessary at lower limits. Especially in this position, raise to possibly take down the blinds...he slowplayed kings here, meh.

Your flop raise was nice to charge draws. Turn bet really nice to charge draws. River, nice discipline
Old 11-17-2007, 09:11 PM

lol at the minraise from KK

I think you played this hand fine. Since the 9 pretty much counterfeits your hand, you won't get called by very many hands that you beat on the river.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:11 PM

Raise with this hand UTG? You really think so, why?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise with this hand UTG? You really think so, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, sorry, glanced over too quickly, you're UTG not on the button, fold preflop.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:14 PM

WIth a hand like 56s you're going to get into trouble by playing it really early. If you play it for a raise you might be able to get more value when you flop a big hand, but I hate the fact that almost everyone is going to have position on you for the rest of the hand. I would also say it's bad because this is a hand where you will usually be playing draws anyway.

Anyone agree/disagree with this?

P.S. you probably don't need the results for this hand. If you want advice on the way you played the hand, the results don't matter anyway.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WIth a hand like 56s you're going to get into trouble by playing it really early. If you play it for a raise you might be able to get more value when you flop a big hand, but I hate the fact that almost everyone is going to have position on you for the rest of the hand. I would also say it's bad because this is a hand where you will usually be playing draws anyway.

P.S. you probably don't need the results for this hand. If you want advice on the way you played the hand, the results don't matter anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed...playing draws properly is hard enough, doing it OOP adds to the turmoil...I'd wait till CO and raise with 56s depending...
Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I understand that in most cases it is better to fold this hand preflop. I hate raising sometimes because someone else can really repop and then I can't play at all. I understand what you are saying about raising and playing it for volume but - aside from the fact that I should not have called - isn't this a hand that I want volume with (a lot of players and chips)? So if I play is it not better not to raise in that sense. If I flop a flush draw I don't want to be heads up with it.

Don't know why I posted the results...I guess just because if anyone was curious.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:30 PM

Although youre thinking is reasonable...it's probably not the best line of thought.

Yes you want action...but...you want ACTION.

In other words, you want to build a pot, not only so you can get odds to draw, but to get value out of your hits.

Don't take on the mentality that you shouldn't raise cause you might "scare" people off, or because you might get re-raised, probably to an amount that you can still call your SC with and take down a juicier pot thereafter...you should be wanting to raise to get more value out of hands, or to build bigger pots that you can then steal etc etc...

slowplaying/gimp-playing is basically hardly ever right...especially at these limits from what I can tell thus far.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is UTG with 65s
Hero calls

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading here.

fold preflop.

You should fold this at a 6max table and this is FR!

Playing drawing hands OOP isn't asking for trouble - it's handing out cordial invitations to everyone at the table to bend you over and giving away free lube at the same time.

OK I read the rest of the hand now - you got VERY lucky to have position postflop - never mind flopping 2pair at the same time.

preflop aside it's fairly standard.

Betting the river isn't good cos apart from A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5x no worse hands will call.

O yeah buddylist BB.