Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 05:05 AM

Default full tilt $10+1 midnight madness hand

i'm new to these forums and fairly new to poker been playing about 6 months now and i had a hand i would appreciate comments or feed back on please.

just beginning in the money i had an average chip stack villian had the table chip lead but wasn't doing much bullying and his UTG min raise was a new bet size i'd seen from him

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t300/t600
(Ante: t75)
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t26539
UTG+1: t5320
MP1: t3810
MP2: t18760
hero: t11745
Button: t11525
SB: t16201
BB: t9668

Pre-flop: (8 players) hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to t1200</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t3500</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls t2300 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t6200)</font>.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t8500, 2 players)
UTG checks, hero checks.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t8500, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets t8500</font>, hero folds.
Uncalled bets: t8500 returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: t8500

again i'm new here sorry if my lingo or post is hard to understand
Old 11-28-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: full tilt $10+1 midnight madness hand

I'm new here to but I'll give this a go. I think you've definitely got to fire at this flop if he re-raises you he's showing pretty good strength after your preflop raise and you could probably bin it. However if he just calls, he will probably check the turn, allowing you to fire a second bullet or even check behind if you thought you were behind or didn't like the card. If he calls and checks the river I'd be incline to check behind you'd be getting everything that's beating you calling Ax and hands like JJ or QQ calling some of the time folding others. Of course he could have the TT hand as it kinda fits but I doubt he'd bet that much if he did. Anyone elses thoughts?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:52 AM

I'd push preflop. As played check/fold looks alright to me. Your only bet post flop is all in and you could well be beat.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:00 AM

Agree with pricklypete, if someone raises and I have less than 20bbs if I'm raising I'm gonna push. It also disguises the strength of your hand in this case because you should be pushing here with a wider range than QQ+, AK.
As played I think a check/fold is fine because I really don't want to commit my stack with KK on an ace high board when we still have a decent enough stack
Old 11-28-2007, 11:35 AM

Get it in pre-flop and fire half pot on the flop, it's not to drawy, and it's villian dependant. Is he calling 3 bets light? Raising Ace Weak a lot?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:00 PM

If you dont like pushing preflop bet an amount that commits both of you to the pot. 6500 pref raise leaves less than half your stack left and has more of a chance of being called when you push any flop and you, or at least i do, want to get called all in with KK.

I fold on the turn also with how you played it, but he could have JJ QQ and was planning on pusing a non ace flop.