Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wins the 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year Award?
Billy Donovan 1 1.67%
Vince Young 2 3.33%
Italy's WC Team 1 1.67%
Bill Cowher 0 0%
Roger Federer 11 18.33%
Dwayne Wade 5 8.33%
Tony La Russa 1 1.67%
Paul Tagliabue 2 3.33%
George Mason men's bb team 4 6.67%
Tiger Woods 28 46.67%
"Game of Shadows" writers 3 5.00%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

I love playing with the trio drunken, mario etc.. if i grouped them together in PT they would be my main bitch. Bajunky seems the most problematic for me so far.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:11 PM

...I hope they don't post on here otherwise they will de-nit and close of a source of income!

Drunken get seriously out of line today on all of my tables for about half an hours. He was 3-betting like a mad-man on all of his tables. I really struggled to adapt as I gave him credit for having AA or, if he was feeling really loose KK, for about the first 4 times and then after that I couldn't decide on a range to 4-bet or call with!!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:15 PM

Speaking of 200NL regs, you guys all need to moveupplskthx

I don't like the direction the reg/fish ratio is headed.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:10 PM

Acevader has made some good posts recently on the topic of "Regular-on-Regular Action."

There are two extremes to this I think, with most of the regs falling towards the latter stages of this continuum.

You can constantly go to war with other regulars "playing poker" and make a profit across less than maximum tables.

Alternatively you can minimise your confrontations with the other regulars and concentrate more on the fish. This requires a lot less effort allowing you to play more tables (and probably for longer periods.)

Now obviously if you're able to exploit certain tendencies that other regs may have then it's foolish to not do so. However, I believe the biggest winners are those that don't go out of their way to attack the other regs- and instead focus more on the easy money that is out there.

My goal isn't to be the "best" player at these stakes per se. Rather it is to be the biggest winner.

I'm starting to analyse the game of other regulars more closely now. (As part of my recent analysis of other regulars' I've been prepared to sacrifice some short term profits by making some otherwise pretty poor light calls- and even making some poor unorthadox plays- just to get a showdown to see what they've been playing and to see how they react to those plays.)

I'm analysing their game not because I intend to initiate more fights with them at the tables, but because I don't want my game exploited. As someone who usually plays 15/16 tables now, you open yourself up a little because that many tables limits your focus on individual players- whereas an aggressive regular who only plays half as many tables naturally gives themselves an edge in those one-on-one battles. Albeit at the greater expense of them often failing to fully exploit the poorer players that are out there.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My goal isn't to be the "best" player at these stakes per se. Rather it is to be the biggest winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Leave the Ego at home I say.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Acevader has made some good posts recently on the topic of "Regular-on-Regular Action."

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me that the regs at NL200 don't attack each other as much as they do at NL100. Because of that, I've laid off from attacking the regs because they aren't playing back at me as much, and usually give them credit for a hand when they do. The exception to this so far is Bigkawik, who's I've stacked 3 times catching him 3-betting me as weak as A,10os.

I agree with your analysis Smart Money, and feel that because lately it seems there are more regs at the table than fish, in order to be more profitable maybe we will have to play back at each other more often. Analyzing the regs game and exploiting holes is something that will only make us better poker players, and when we make the step up to 2/4 and beyond it will definitely be something we have to adapt to.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:22 AM

Yes, absolutely.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:32 AM

Was anybody mining 1/2 NLHE table Anthem Club today? 99maxima is sitting on a $3,130 stack...just wondering how long it took him to accumulate 15.5 buyins 1 tabling
Old 11-22-2007, 06:34 AM

i have him playing 27/5 after 100 hands on that table, up $222. Sadly wasn't mining earlier.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:41 AM

Vizer02, it's funny you say that; my brother is a NL$100 regular on Full Tilt and he's been saying that there is a lot of 3-betting, raising and check-raising from the other regulars. Sounds like they really go at each other down there.

Again I come back to my point.....what is the point? Smart Money is making money, raylapsley is making money, I'm making money, fittsmurf ([censored]) is making money, gabygaby is making money, etc, etc, etc. There is plenty to go around such that there isn't a need to get into massive personal battles. If I start getting into regular wars with other regs whereby we are constantly probing each other for weaknesses I'll have to reduce my table number.