Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Bush \"Supports the Cuban People\" While Maintaining Economic Sancti

Those sanctions hurt the Cuban people, just like the sancions against Iraq decimated the population there. The U.S administration doesn't give a crap about the people who will potentially die as a result of their actions...
Old 10-25-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Bush \"Supports the Cuban People\" While Maintaining Economic Sancti

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All tyrannical regimes need external enemies as the reason for their problems to preserve on the power.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they don't. They do that sometimes but there are plenty of people who enjoy the jackboot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does plenty = enough? It seems it does but then that makes me doubt your assertion.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It HAS to be more than this. Que bono? Who is the special interest group that benefits from keeping Cuba under sanctions, other than Fidel Castro?

[/ QUOTE ]
American cigar companies? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true BCPV!

OTOH, everybody else, besides US citizens, or non-US citizens residents in the US, can currently enjoy Cuban cigars at a much cheaper prices than they will be as soon as the embargo is lifted. I think I have enough cubans for the rest of my life, as well as for friends! I have been stocking up, they are just so far superior to anything else! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All tyrannical regimes need external enemies as the reason for their problems to preserve on the power.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they don't. They do that sometimes but there are plenty of people who enjoy the jackboot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does plenty = enough? It seems it does but then that makes me doubt your assertion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will dig up references but I recall populations on isolated islands in the pre-industrial era that were ruled by monarchs. No possibility of outside threats there.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They hate Castro more than they like the Cuban citizens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Castro is hardly effected by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as he's dead... this is def true.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those sanctions hurt the Cuban people, just like the sancions against Iraq decimated the population there. The U.S administration doesn't give a crap about the people who will potentially die as a result of their actions...

[/ QUOTE ]

If a majority of cuban citizens were dying every day because of the "evil" U.S. that you ninnys always like to portray. Then they would have risen up and got rid of that jerk off castro a long time ago. Set up some pro U.S. donkey and Prosperity would return to Cuba.

Don't blame the U.S. for the cowardice of the iraqi and Cuban populations
Old 10-25-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will dig up references but I recall populations on isolated islands in the pre-industrial era that were ruled by monarchs. No possibility of outside threats there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? No possibility? I suppose if you just mean other tribes.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If a majority of cuban citizens were dying every day because of the "evil" U.S. that you ninnys always like to portray. Then they would have risen up and got rid of that jerk off castro a long time ago. Set up some pro U.S. donkey and Prosperity would return to Cuba.

Don't blame the U.S. for the cowardice of the iraqi and Cuban populations

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very reasonable. At the level of suffering 1 suffering unit below the boiling point, who the [censored] cares about them, amirite?

BTW the ACist argument against the embargo has little to do with helping any poor Cubans. Basically, I want some Cuban cigars so mind your own [censored] business. Its just the sissy caring part of us that makes us care about the poor Cubans.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Monarchy != "tyrannical regime".

Totalitarian dictatorship is much more closely aligned with democracy than monarchy.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Bush \"Supports the Cuban People\" While Maintaining Economic Sanctions

[ QUOTE ]
What a complete and total douchemonkey. Who the [censored] does he think those sanctions hurt? Castro in his palace? Does Castro go without? I think [censored] not.

Who still buys into this economic sanctions bull [censored] anymore?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never have, never will. Castro would've been gone long ago had we just traded with Cuba from the start.