Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-27-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Ba

2/4 on ftp 5 handed

UTG: $400
CO: $530
BTN (me): $375

UTG plays like a typical multi tabling TAG. He got stacked by CO earlier when he raised to $14 PF with QQ. CO called with KJo. Flop was J84r. Bet, raise, jam, call. Turn J...

CO originally bought in for $180 if that tells you anything. He also doubled up right away when ended up getting into a minraise war PF with another shorty. He had ATo against KK. Flop AQT.....he chats something like ty vry mch in box. Overall, my impression of him is he over values hands and will eventually go broke. Hopefully to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

UTG raises to $14. CO minraises to $24. I have 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I call as does UTG.

($78) Flop comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG checks. CO bets $45 . I....

Comments on PF and flop appreciated.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Ba

pretty please....?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:03 AM

I call flop, and depending on bet size will call/fold turn unless its an Ace when I will probably give up to a turn bet regardless of size. Something tells me that CO will botch his betsizing in later streets
Old 11-28-2007, 01:34 PM

Really don't like pf. You're basically set mining without a full stack and not even closing the action with a taggy villain who raised utg still behind you. Seems like a good way to donate $24 to utg.

On the flop I sometimes call and sometimes fold depending on where utg is likely to go, either way, I give up quick to any further action from this guy. This is often a poorly played big pair from dumb guys and you certainly aren't making any money turning your hand into a bluff against a dumb guy with a big pair.

Also, if utg overcalls this flop I'm clicking the c/f button and moving on to another table barring a turned 7.