Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: AAA in weird 4-way pot live

[ QUOTE ]
But I think checking the flop may be OK. If they are not interested in the flop, that means none of them have a pair of aces and none have a flush draw (it can be easy to reliably determine this in live games). So let them catch up a little and try to win a little more. What is the point of building the pot if there is only a tiny chance that someone has or will make a big hand that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

there is nothing that can 'catch up' without overtaking you. you can't possibly ascertain no one has a flush draw here or a gutterball. there's not much to gain by checking and a whole lot to lose (the only thing to gain is if a mid pair turns a set...)
Old 11-03-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to reraise preflop. But I think checking the flop may be OK. If they are not interested in the flop, that means none of them have a pair of aces and none have a flush draw (it can be easy to reliably determine this in live games). So let them catch up a little and try to win a little more. What is the point of building the pot if there is only a tiny chance that someone has or will make a big hand that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

While a diamond, 2, or 4 doesn't neccesarily outdraw you - it will kill action at the very least. That's a 15 cards.

Plus, the stacks are very big in relation to the current pot. You need to start getting money in now if you want to maximise value from this hand.

PLUS, you need to have it some of the time you bet these type of boards. We flopped a huge hand - let's [censored] play it as such.

Checking this flop is not good IMO.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:24 AM

[x] OP likes to misplay all streets.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to reraise preflop. But I think checking the flop may be OK. If they are not interested in the flop, that means none of them have a pair of aces and none have a flush draw (it can be easy to reliably determine this in live games). So let them catch up a little and try to win a little more. What is the point of building the pot if there is only a tiny chance that someone has or will make a big hand that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

While a diamond, 2, or 4 doesn't neccesarily outdraw you - it will kill action at the very least. That's a 15 cards.

Plus, the stacks are very big in relation to the current pot. You need to start getting money in now if you want to maximise value from this hand.

PLUS, you need to have it some of the time you bet these type of boards. We flopped a huge hand - let's [censored] play it as such.

Checking this flop is not good IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to have it sometimes when you bet, but you can just save that for when you have one ace. I still don't see the point of building the pot when there are almost no hands that will get a lot of money in with you. And as for a diamond killing the action, I think it is the opposite. A diamond may give someone a flush draw and allow you to get more action.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:56 AM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

[ QUOTE ]
Raise because they can easily be drawing, and cold calling will shut them down.

Seems like a really crappy spot to slowplay pre, as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's no doubt a terrible spot to slowplay pre. why would you slowplay when you know a loose player is behind you in the bb who will make the call wayyyy too often
Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 PM

loose and bad player raises utg. why would you ever chose to slowplay aces preflop against him?