Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

So ater losing 60% of my bankroll (about $1800) in two days, I think I'm hanging it up for quite a while. I'm cashing out the remaining 1130 in the account, and quitting for a while. I'll get rakeback eventually so I'll have a small roll to re-start with again later, but for now these swings are destroying me emotionally. Like, I want to hurt myself emotionally. That bad.

Thanks for advice and stuff.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So ater losing 60% of my bankroll (about $1800) in two days, I think I'm hanging it up for quite a while. I'm cashing out the remaining 1130 in the account, and quitting for a while. I'll get rakeback eventually so I'll have a small roll to re-start with again later, but for now these swings are destroying me emotionally. Like, I want to hurt myself emotionally. That bad.

Thanks for advice and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not that big of a deal. actually, going busto is worse than playing conservative and stagnating while denying yourself opportunities.

on a side note, bbq eel over rice is tasty. i love california!
Old 11-29-2007, 11:41 PM

eel rolls rule.

Normally, I am happy to see people quit playing poker, because they are usually donk-tards who gave bs advice. First, it is hra, now Insane Steve. I am sad to see both of you go. I learned from both of you, and have fun debating and learning why I, in fact, AM correct in laying down quads to a min-bet. It makes me sad to see players go who I know are good players, especially from such a small sub-forum.

I wish you the best.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eel rolls rule.

Normally, I am happy to see people quit playing poker, because they are usually donk-tards who gave bs advice. First, it is hra, now Insane Steve. I am sad to see both of you go. I learned from both of you, and have fun debating and learning why I, in fact, AM correct in laying down quads to a min-bet. It makes me sad to see players go who I know are good players, especially from such a small sub-forum.

I wish you the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

its sad, but reality. very few of the posters here today will stay around for another 5 years. This is the reality of poker. I, however, have been here 4 years and will definitely be here until the end

Indy
Old 11-30-2007, 12:09 AM

True Indy, I have seen a lot of people come and go on this forum. What i find shocking is how far many of the posters advanced since I started. I was posting with TT, Private Joker, Death Donkey, Mike I., Baronzeus, and quite a few others in the Small Stakes Limit Hold'em two and a half years ago. Although I am winning, I am definitely the Black Sheep of that group.

But be as it may, I will probably be here a while too. All the others I will forget soon.

Speaking of missing posters, where is Leader? When I wrote Mike Haven about our friendly troll, he did not seem aware that Leader disappeared. The mystery continues.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was posting with TT, Private Joker, Death Donkey, Mike I., Baronzeus, and quite a few others in the Small Stakes Limit Hold'em two and a half years ago. Although I am winning, I am definitely the Black Sheep of that group.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. If that was me, I'd spend at least an hour a day crying in a corner.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:24 AM

I play better than my stakes suggest. But yes, knowing I am the only player out of that group who does not sport a six-figure bank roll makes me sad.

I can compare myself to the people I know that were once playing 50/100 and now grind out 3/6, and I don't feel as bad. It is very very hard to play a game and work through the streaks when you know you can easily crush it. Alas, gambling is ever so pointless without the challenge. I amend those people's discipline.

But there is a huge difference between those posters and I. I started out playing live, and did so exclusively for a year and a half. I am also the least disciplined, mentally, money-, and gambling-wise. We all get there at our own pace, you know?

*Sigh*

Thanks Landon, I am now sad. I hope you are happy.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:31 AM

DaveT, dont sweat, i was posting with ZeeJustin, Raptor and greg raymer, and while i am very profitable over the years those guys all trumped me I blame my day job and busy life [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Indy
Old 11-30-2007, 12:32 AM

I was actually pointing out that you're way less of a pussy than me. At least I thought you were, you poon.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:57 AM

Okay, that was just [censored]. Some dude just hit and ran me for 70 cents.