Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-21-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Lego Poker training videos....a joke?

I said nothing about carrotsnake's playing style or skill level, at any point. The OP and the ENTIRE context of this thread is pointing out SEVERAL blatant, almost comical, flaws in his commentary. Anyone trying to argue that saying a player named TwelveBeers must be a TAP is just wasting their time. Let me repeat, nobody is attacking Carrotsnake's style or past success. My point was and is that LP should be taking their 2 sample videos more seriously, even if that means have 2 of their pros who are better at commentary putting out these videos. FFS.....
Old 11-21-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I said nothing about carrotsnake's playing style or skill level, at any point. The OP and the ENTIRE context of this thread is pointing out SEVERAL blatant, almost comical, flaws in his commentary. Anyone trying to argue that saying a player named TwelveBeers must be a TAP is just wasting their time. Let me repeat, nobody is attacking Carrotsnake's style or past success. My point was and is that LP should be taking their 2 sample videos more seriously, even if that means have 2 of their pros who are better at commentary putting out these videos. FFS.....

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not getting my point, so i'm just gonna stop posting about this. good luck.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:43 PM

Why'd you guys take down the free (poker) image host? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 05:55 PM

god my video(s) are going to blow y'alls mind
Old 11-21-2007, 05:59 PM

calling qq vs sb fast 5 bet is much better. AK is a huge part of his range and you do better calling against that. i thought Taylor Caby had in printed this play in everyones mind by now.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://leggopoker.com/index.php?page...o&video=36

I'm not trying to just flame their new site, but I can't help wonder what they are thinking if this isn't a joke. From the few minutes I watched this "free sample" video, not only would I never go back to Lego Poker for instructional videos, but this guy, is posting in the CO in 6max, looks at a guys HUD stats in a BvB hand and says something like "this guy seems to be kinda tight, oh wait, I mean, kinda loose, etc...I was literally laughing.

Obviously they might not all be like this, but from what I saw when I went to their site, they only had 2 options for sample videos, did anyone in Lego Poker management watch this before they released it to potential customers as an example of their product?

To anyone familiar with CR of PXF videos, what do you make of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

05 won't be responding to this thread for a while, he's been banned for 7 days for trying to trade torrents on NVG, and for generally sucking at the internet. Just figured I'd let everyone know.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:42 PM

havent read the thread, but carrotsnakes vid is the best ive ever seen. just fwiw
Old 11-21-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he didn't say TwelveBeers is a TAG 100%, he said TwelveBeers is way more likely to be a TAG than a fish ('pbb a tag'), which is true imho
Old 11-21-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think that this "instructors" assessment of TwelveBeers being a TAG "because of his name is a reasonable one?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, just saw that part myself. pretty funny
Old 11-21-2007, 07:46 PM

also i would agree that the name TwelveBeers is more likely to be a TAG, but everyone needs to stop feeding the troll imo