Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: New CardRunners website to launch tomorrow

[ QUOTE ]
Not to detract from what otherwise seems to be a good video, but CTS saying he would 4ball A5 but fold AQ made no sense IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree with this. Why would the EV of turning A5 into a bluff be > 0 and the EV of turning AQ into a bluff be < 0?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:08 AM

Can I make a video so that everyone can watch me and give me tips on anything I do wrong? This cr pro thing seems win/win.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:48 AM

any news on the login problem? eta? does the staff know how to fix the problem?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was going to sign up with a transfer from Stars, but its a 6 month minimum to sign up with a transfer?

Any particular reason Taylor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its alot more man power to manage site transfers than it does credit card transactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to buy a 6 month subscription thru a Full Tilt transfer, but the only option was a credit card. Where is the option?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:58 AM

I'm not even kidding, CTS video has really changed the way I looked at alot of situation. I learned NL by reading his old blog, but his explanation of 4 bet bluffing ranges, when to get a cheap showdown, etc, really opened my eyes. This is today's session implementing the advice from his video. I understand now why he charges 1k/ hour for coaching...

Edit: 200NL, the downswing was honestly variance; got sucked out on
Old 09-28-2007, 05:07 AM

[quote
The "download video" button did not work in IE for me (gave me a Javascript error and nothing happened, this is in IE 7 on XP), but did in Firefox.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

EDIT: also, i can login, use my old vids, access all features of the site, even stream the vids, but i cant download. tried the DNS reset and hosts.txt and they didnt work. this is on XP w/ IE7. thx
Old 09-28-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to detract from what otherwise seems to be a good video, but CTS saying he would 4ball A5 but fold AQ made no sense IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree with this. Why would the EV of turning A5 into a bluff be > 0 and the EV of turning AQ into a bluff be < 0?

[/ QUOTE ]
i had the exact same question. this is how cts answered that question at the cr forums:

[ QUOTE ]
As for the AQ hand I think the fold is fine but yea the reasoning was a little screwy, I guess it just feels like AQ has a little more value to it and if I get called it's going to be pretty tough to let go of top pair when I put that much money in preflop, maybe a discipline sort of thing. Certainly open to suggestions, but when you're reraised with AQ OOP by a tough player with 150bb stacks you're never going to have an easy spot... I certainly would not advertise that I'm making the fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-28-2007, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when you're reraised with AQ OOP by a tough player with 150bb stacks you're never going to have an easy spot... I certainly would not advertise that I'm making the fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummmm, get it all in on the KJT flop against KK? Seems ez.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the video again. He explains exactly why he makes the play; it really makes a lot of sense and I never really thought of it that way.

Basically against Sam's range, by 4 betting, he is turning an otherwise good hand into a pure bluff. This is just a recipe for disaster. He can't call bc he is basically going to get owned oop. The options are to 4 bet bluff or fold.

With A-4, his hand has absolutely no value post flop. It's very similar to the A-Q hand, except there is more value in 4 bet bluffing due to it's utter lack of value. It's another 4 bet bluff or fold, but it's weighted towards a bluff because it's so much weaker than A-Q.

Something I took away from this is metagame. Some would consider it standard to 4 bet a light 3 better w A-Q (its not going to hurt your image if you 4 bet with this hand vs someone who 3 bets 10%), but someone who 4 bets A-4 (even though they bascially have the same amount of equity) will get paid off more due to their image. This makes a lot of sense to me, but I could be completely wrong.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:41 AM

I m getting 125kb/sec ..........BETTER

avery nice yesss

u gangstas still need a european mirror though