Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: stephenh
villager 3 75.00%
wolf 0 0%
seer 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Crazy Phil Laak story with Pics

Why are you guys assuming it was a single $15K shipment?

A far better assumption is that the $15K was for the initial shipment, and the plan was for ongoing shipments in increasing quantities as the art imex biz "grew".

Also, how can it be on the one hand that Laak isn't the sort to get involved with smuggling H, but on the other hand heroin importation/wholesaling/retailing/addiction cuts through all walks.

I think it's far easier to run a squeaky clean operation where all parties are educated, white-collar, otherwise law-abiding, an operation that operates behind closed doors and doesn't attract attention. All the risk is pushed offshore. Considering the opportunities for real criminals to take advantage, not sure how many of those operations could hold together for long, but who thinks of that when starting something up.

I find it totally believable that Laak wanted to get into this business. He's already operating in a pure cash world, large cash deposits/withdrawals aren't anything new. He's hustling backgammon and that's the same kind of street smarts you'd need in a white collar drug operation. He's travelled all over Southeast Asia, met lots of people, many wealthy or involved in gambling, it's easy to put it all together.

All he needs is one regular buyer, one step up the wholesale food chain from himself.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really only want to expose phil laak for what he is, a full detailed account will be up on the web-site next week.

Some people believe the story some do not.Phil Laak paid to have my wife shot that is fact:Quote: (Phil I want photo's of the bitch).How can this be extortion I do not want any money.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your wife ripped me off I would shoot the bi**h myself, why he wanted to waste money on a hitman, I don't understand
Old 08-08-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who do you suppose sells to all those nice middle class white junkies working in the media, on Wall Street, or who gamble for a living?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ you for thinking anyone on Wall Street is a hooked on smack.

Do you have any idea how tough that life is, being a player on The Street ? You have to be seriously pumped every morning, and on your game like a mofo every minute of every day, with complete consistency, or you'll get spat out.

Maybe you were talking about lackies or something ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm sounds exactly the type of person who would get addicted to heroin, with all the pressures and [censored], I love you know it all but don't know a god damn thing type people
Old 08-08-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Negative creep wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
I used to work as a stockbroker, until I lost my Series seven license, which is another story altogether, though it is related to drug use. You may have heard stories about Stockbrokers and cocaine, but for every 2 or 3 cokeheads in a brokerage, there is one scag addict.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=577

Just saying. This sort of anonymous, featured drug experience article on erowid.org is probably about 100x more reliable than the silly conjecture of kids on an internet site that think watching movies makes them streetwise and knowledgeable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha that dude says that his [censored] was damn pure because a half gram put him to sleep, lmao, a point or two of good [censored] will do that, he musta been gettin terrible dope, shooting 2 and 3 grams of good junk would kill you instantly no matter your tolerance
Old 08-08-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in NYC. I ran in the streets for years. This isn't Maine, New Hampshire or Washington. This is NYC. I'm clean & sober for alot of years but I have been around the block for awhile. I'm telling you that Phil Laak didn't have the connections to sell dope here. The story is nonsense. What you guys did in the country has nothing to do with NY, this is a different place. Different people, different rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you dont know wtf you are talkin about, if you know the dope game as well as u think u do u would know that it wouldnt have been too hard for him to find someone to sell it to. You dont need huge underworld connections to unload a couple k's of H
Old 08-08-2007, 02:39 PM

Full story to be uploaded today.Believe it or not you can read for your selves
Old 08-08-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full story to be uploaded today.Believe it or not you can read for your selves

[/ QUOTE ]

where are you going to upload it? Here?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Delorean? Not even a comparison, he was gonna finance a large drug deal, he wasn't trying to smuggle an ounce of dope us his azz.

My whole point was that as far as this story, it's just nonsense. Does not compute.

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly have no idea about the price of dope in South East Asia. A kilo of virtually pure heroin sold for about $12,000 in Laos, $16,000 in Vietnam in 2006.

In 1995, the average price of heroin in NY was around $300 a gram.

Whether or not the story is true, there isn't any problem with the economics involved.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:13 PM

I will read it.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:14 PM

so this is why he was featured on bad boys of poker...