Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Orange box & Team Fortress two beta thread

obv I'm refering to the entire map accessible as one, not just the areas split up. the areas split up are managable in themselves but even with a 12v12 game, if they would be completely open I could imagine waalking around for minutes without seeing a single enemy
Old 10-30-2007, 02:55 PM

Granery I find is too big. 12vs12 is way too small for it. 16vs16 is almost too small. 20vs20 or even 24vs24 might be more appropriate.

The level with 3 Points, A, B, C in which C can only be captured after A and B are done is also too big for the most part to defend well.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:42 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Ive played pretty much: 95% 2fort. 5% that one that kind looks like a mine?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:10 PM

How do I suck less with Scout?

My max points is 9 with him. Fighting a Demoman is easy LDO. I avoid Pyro's like the plague, and approach soldiers/heavies in a way I can attack first from behind/the side. I also approach soldiers if they have crappy rocket placement (ie just shoot directly at me instead of the floor). I consistently suck at scout v scout confrontations.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Granery I find is too big. 12vs12 is way too small for it. 16vs16 is almost too small. 20vs20 or even 24vs24 might be more appropriate.

The level with 3 Points, A, B, C in which C can only be captured after A and B are done is also too big for the most part to defend well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally disagree about Gravel Pit, it's one of the best team multiplayer maps I've ever played. Defending it is very possible.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do I suck less with Scout?

My max points is 9 with him. Fighting a Demoman is easy LDO. I avoid Pyro's like the plague, and approach soldiers/heavies in a way I can attack first from behind/the side. I also approach soldiers if they have crappy rocket placement (ie just shoot directly at me instead of the floor). I consistently suck at scout v scout confrontations.

[/ QUOTE ]

The scout is misunderstood. I am a great scout, but still not that good at scout v scout battles. The most useful weapon in the scout's arsenal is the retreat. Second most useful is the flank. You should be running up behind enemies, pumping a few shots, and running. I've gotten I think 19 kills without dying with a scout. When facing another scout, if you don't get the early kill, back away and bust out the pistol.

When facing soldiers (or anyone, but here it's especially relevant), you should always be strafing around to move to their back. The problem is that a lucky rocket can kill you, and as they take a while to kill, if there is a second enemy you are often toast.

Pyros should never be taken head on, only face them when you approach from the back. Never get too close to them, take a couple shots and back off so they can't hit you.

Never as a scout approach a heavy who has a medic unless you kill that medic from the flank first. I literally get right up against hte heavy's back and start unloading. If he turns around, you move around his back in the direction that does not see you crossing his line of fire.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Totally disagree about Gravel Pit, it's one of the best team multiplayer maps I've ever played. Defending it is very possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I agree, gravelpit is a great map. I also don't really understand this theory that granery is a huge map. It simply is not.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:46 PM

so when is the 2p2 game happening? You think we can get 20 people interested any willing to play at the same time?

You can count me in, so I am #1

1- geormiet
Old 10-31-2007, 04:12 PM

I'm in too... your heads are gonna be hurtin'
Old 10-31-2007, 06:25 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

I'm in. I am actually pretty sick so I'm not going out for Halloween stuff to night and probably would be down to play if people are gonna be around.