Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 08:57 AM

Default Re: WPEX is rigged 100%

[quote
If you play at WPEX, you must profile players and pay attention. You have no HUD to help and I think the average player (maybe a few rainman types can do it) will get slaughtered playing >2 tables because you just can't follow that much action.

There is no "standard" line to take for any situation there. Everything is read dependent.

And Kurosh, regarding the AJo hand, how lagtarded were you playing in this session? Perhaps villain had seen you fold to this type of aggression in the past and just got lucky. I had 3 of these hands (villain FSD raise on turn with GS draw to my TP) in one session on Sunday and every one got there. Meh, sht happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

DING!

This is so true. I have had serious problems adjusting to this site, because I probably am too much ABC poker. After a while I noticed that people made a lot of moves against me to push me off my hand (I bet turn, they raise, I threebet and they fold - or even worse, they three bet and I cap and they fold).

My weak play at turn and river induced a lot of raising against me from players that had seen a pattern in my play. This is why we also get some crazy suckouts.

I see it on the sites with very bad players too, only difference is that then they are just passive callers. Its when they are super aggro and hit that we get frustrated, angry and maybe start to doubt the software/site.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:13 AM

So you've been playing for well over ten years; you don't know what "rolled up" means; you joined Twoplustwo today; your first posts are about how WSEx is rigged against you; you didn't bother to find out how to save hands at WSEx; you cannot post one relevant hand number.

You sound like a Pacific Support-guy to me, but I won't pursue that one, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are simply being beaten soundly by the players at WSEx.

My opinion is that you have been a self-taught casual social player for your ten years and you have managed to lose only a relatively small amount every month by reasonably cautious play at sites like Party where most of the players are like you.

Recently, you've somehow strayed into WSEx and found that you are not as good as you thought you were, and you have discovered that you are outclassed and outplayed by the better players there, who are mostly condensed into a small number of games.

You like the game, and you are puzzled, so I would guess that you have just googled "poker strategy", or somesuch, and have ended up in the Zoo, (instead of in the strategy forums, where you should be).

I'd bet my boots that you don't have PokerTracker and you couldn't post a meaningful screenshot of your playing statistics.

Nah.

Forget all that.

Which site/affiliate do you work for?
Old 11-10-2006, 11:33 AM

Well Mike Haven, your response was ridiculous. How are you a moderator? You may not be able to grasp this, but many of us spend our time playing poker rather than battle back and forth in online forums with juvenile smart asses like yourself. Some of us choose to gather information from 2+2 and get back to the tables (a much better EV versus writing thousands of posts) Regardless of how many posts this guy has or his not so exacting use of poker terminology, his point is worth considering.

Every point you tried to make was full of absurd assumptions. How do you know how this person learned poker, how much he has won or lost in his 10 years of playing, or accusing him of being affiliated with another poker site?

It sounds to me as if YOU are suffering from i'm-so-far-up-fred-balfour's-ass myopia that the only thing you can see are his dangling ball hairs, that you can't make rational comments, and that you seem to be the latent WPEX affiliate.

Oh, and Fred, it seems funny to me that while you are ubiquitous on all other WPEX threads, you are strangely silent on this one. Do you mind explaining that? If you are so concerned that players have the best poker experience on the Web, how about addressing their concerns as related in this thread? Does your site have any independent oversight? How about your random number generator?

I really hope that the criminal mentality is not ruling WPEX. I mean crooks are generally dumb. I hope you don't have house players or bots that drain real players bankrolls. I remember in another thread you mentioned that the the rake rebates were into the millions. Hmm, well if people are losing more than their rake back to house players/bots, you may have a helluva business plan on your hands. It's obvious that your owners gave the finger to the US law enforcement long ago. So, given the law change and the current climate, WPEX has a real opportunity to grow, especially if Full Tilt or Poker Stars ever change their stance on the US. I hope that short-sighted thinking and greed have not taken over at WPEX.

Well, that's enough for now.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:40 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

All: I will deposit 2k into WPEX today, if it is not 10k by sunday, this will be clear evidence that WPEX is rigged.

Best,
Indie
Old 11-10-2006, 11:49 AM

Are you yet another loser who has suddenly decided to come out of the woodwork to make his second post in four months in the longest rigged thread I've ever seen that doesn't include even one semi-reasonable shred of evidence in favour of the conspiracy theorists?

If you guys are allowed to make ridiculous claims, then I am allowed to make what you say are ridiculous responses.

Do you happen to have any suspicious hand histories, or even hand numbers, or didn't you think of recording them either?
Old 11-10-2006, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you've been playing for well over ten years; you don't know what "rolled up" means; you joined Twoplustwo today; your first posts are about how WSEx is rigged against you; you didn't bother to find out how to save hands at WSEx; you cannot post one relevant hand number.

You sound like a Pacific Support-guy to me, but I won't pursue that one, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are simply being beaten soundly by the players at WSEx.

My opinion is that you have been a self-taught casual social player for your ten years and you have managed to lose only a relatively small amount every month by reasonably cautious play at sites like Party where most of the players are like you.

Recently, you've somehow strayed into WSEx and found that you are not as good as you thought you were, and you have discovered that you are outclassed and outplayed by the better players there, who are mostly condensed into a small number of games.

You like the game, and you are puzzled, so I would guess that you have just googled "poker strategy", or somesuch, and have ended up in the Zoo, (instead of in the strategy forums, where you should be).

I'd bet my boots that you don't have PokerTracker and you couldn't post a meaningful screenshot of your playing statistics.

Nah.

Forget all that.

Which site/affiliate do you work for?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Which site/affiliate do you work for?"

None Sherlock - LOL. But you got some of your post right.

I had thought about the possibility of collusion at the table, and I realize that can occur. No, this had to do with the dealing of the cards. Yes, I should have kept the hand history but hand histories never really interested me, only winning money interests me. But how could I have known in advance this was going to happen. And I've already ackowledged that it's "possible" that I just had the variance from hell. But I mean getting beat by four of a kind twice within five minutes? How often do you see four of a kind at a table? And how often do you stay in the hand all the way and get beat by it? Both times only a pair, not trips showed on the table. Both times the player had it rolled up (I'll say "pocket" from now on so you don't get a heart attack over it - LOL). Both times the last card of the quad showed on the river. But this wasn't all you see...I can't even remember how many flushes and straights I lost to full houses...had to of been roughly ten times - each time the player had a pocket pair. The other players were getting pocket pairs like a pinochle deck was being used for their hole cards.

The part you got right is that yes I've been as you call it mostly a "social" player - but not "casual" as I've played a lot of poker. Online not nearly as much - maybe I've played 1,000 hours at other sites. And this one time at WPEX was around five hours.

I don't like to lose but accept that as part of the game - you can't always win. But I've never seen cards like these ever in my life. It was the "pattern" of the cards, not the losing that bugged me. How much I lost at WPEX is my business, not yours, but suffice to say I have lost and won over ten times that amount previously many times both online and b&m.

It wasn't the money that bothered me...it was the way it was lost. I'd be most happy to plunk $20 down and buy anyone here the first round anytime, but if a thief steals $20 out of my pocket, that angers me. Maybe I'm wrong and WPEX is honest...I would love to play rake free poker but my bettor instincts are telling me that something at WPEX isn't right.

Jim
Old 11-10-2006, 12:20 PM

I really had no intention of dignifying these speculative, baseless accusations. I have no desire to get into a posting forum shouting match with people who have made up their minds that it is rigged. It is not rigged.

If anyone has any examples of suspicious activity, please report it to support and it will be investigated.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com

PS- We have paid back over $15 million in rake since we went no rake,

PPS- "Aces never lose" started 20 minutes ago and runs for the next 24 hours. Come on in and see what you can save.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my bettor instincts

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2006, 12:28 PM

Well Fred, since you only have 73 posts, how can we be expected to take you seriously? You make these statements and don't offer a shred of proof. I mean really!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well Fred, since you only have 73 posts, how can we be expected to take you seriously? You make these statements and don't offer a shred of proof. I mean really!

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never posted this before, but ysscky.