Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Of all the Republican Candidates, who is the stupidest?

Speaking of being informed, what is so "scary" about Giuliani?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of being informed, what is so "scary" about Giuliani?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the "freedom means giving up freedom and doing what I tell you to do" authoritarianism?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:29 PM

That'll work, whats the qoute with him saying that?

Edit: Don't qoute me the out of context speech from the forum on crime in which Giuliani said people don't have the right to be criminals, and it has been misinterpreted to mean people don't have the right to be what they want to be.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Don't qoute me the out of context speech from the forum on crime in which Giuliani said people don't have the right to be criminals, and it has been misinterpreted to mean people don't have the right to be what they want to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP

[ QUOTE ]
We look upon authority too often and focus over and over again, for 30 or 40 or 50 years, as if there is something wrong with authority. We see only the oppressive side of authority. Maybe it comes out of our history and our background. What we don't see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.

[ Interruption by someone in the audience. ]

You have free speech so I can be heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not having a right to be a criminal does not require ceding anything to Rudy. Don't try to dodge this with "out of context" shenanigans. The whole context is there, linked to from the OP. This isn't about crime in the moral sense, it's about "crime" *as definied by a self-styled ruling class*. In other words, "do what we say or we're going to beat you up."
Old 05-25-2007, 10:43 AM

Default The Dumbest Repub Politcian Is......

The dumbest Repub Politcian is......smarter than the SMARTEST Dem politcian....
Look at Bush. He is a moron but he is better than that nitwit Kerry and a 100x better than that fool Gore.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: The Dumbest Repub Politcian Is......

[ QUOTE ]
The dumbest Repub Politcian is......smarter than the SMARTEST Dem politcian....
Look at Bush. He is a moron but he is better than that nitwit Kerry and a 100x better than that fool Gore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gore is wicked smart....he invented the internet, now he is the foremost scientist in climate change. Plus he has a really cool computer system.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not having a right to be a criminal does not require ceding anything to Rudy. Don't try to dodge this with "out of context" shenanigans. The whole context is there, linked to from the OP. This isn't about crime in the moral sense, it's about "crime" *as definied by a self-styled ruling class*. In other words, "do what we say or we're going to beat you up."

[/ QUOTE ]

"Arbeit Macht Frei"

At least the Nazis' slogan sounded somewhat plausible. If this quote weren't referenced, I'd assume it was a crude satire of a speech a tyrannical dictator might give. Yes indeed, black is white, slavery is freedom, and death is life.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP

[ QUOTE ]
We look upon authority too often and focus over and over again, for 30 or 40 or 50 years, as if there is something wrong with authority. We see only the oppressive side of authority. Maybe it comes out of our history and our background. What we don't see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it amazing that you only manage to give the one qoute I already said is just ridiculous. You got any others? Or is that it right there?

If that's it, you're RIGHT. OMG, it is so scary, Giuliani telling people they don't have the right to be criminals, in a speech made over 10 years ago, probably relating to NYC's crime problem - he must be EVILLLLLLL!!111!!!11111111111.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:43 PM

McCain might definitely be the dumbest. He graduated 894th out of 899 at the Naval Academy.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it amazing that you only manage to give the one qoute I already said is just ridiculous. You got any others? Or is that it right there?

If that's it, you're RIGHT. OMG, it is so scary, Giuliani telling people they don't have the right to be criminals, in a speech made over 10 years ago, probably relating to NYC's crime problem - he must be EVILLLLLLL!!111!!!11111111111.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you don't have to "cede to lawful authority" in order to not be a criminal. This is just like the "what do you have to hide?" type questions - authoritarian demands that attempt to stigmatize personal autonomy as somehow anti-social.

Yes, it IS evil.

And your attempts to pre-emptively smear this as "ridiculous" or "out of context" are transparent.