Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously suggest stepping back and covering your asses before it gets too big.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is meant in terms of legal stuff, and this is not legal advice, but there is a pretty self-evident public interest in discussing this stuff.

No reasonable Western cout is ever going to punish anyone for reasonable, evidence based discussion on an internet discussion board.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure he's telling me to get my money out
Old 10-16-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously suggest stepping back and covering your asses before it gets too big.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is meant in terms of legal stuff, and this is not legal advice, but there is a pretty self-evident public interest in discussing this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant before a crack team of Kahnawake based ninjas came looking to collect some dues.

EDIT: Also, is it really a Kahnawake associated email account, as the other guy suggested it might not be? And how significant is that? Suppose this were a superuser account started in the early days of Absolute; if the hypothesis was that maybe they were using it misguidedly for security testing, or RNG audits, or something like that, it may not be entirely unreasonable to have a Kahnawake email address associated with it. I'd want to see some more stuff before I got too excited about this nugget.

EDIT 2: Haha, hadn't gone to the webpage yet.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:54 AM

Their front page says has a link to

Kahnawake
Gaming
Commission
Old 10-16-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The guy who was on the same IP as the user 363 had his email set to an email that is hosted by Kahnawake Gaming

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your sitting on something huge, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you clarify something for us with less tech knowledge? Just what is it that's HOSTED by Kahnawake? Does the fact that his email address is "hosted" mean that the servers are physically located there? If so, is this really as big a dramabomb as many people think it is?

Let me explain what I'm asking, and then feel free to either give further explanation or dispel what I'm saying entirely: pokersitescout.com shows the "Server Location" for every poker site. SEVERAL are located in Kahnawake, including not only Absolute/UB, but also PokerStars, FTP, Everest, Bodog and others. So Kahnawake isn't just the location of this "shell" regulatory commission, but it's actually the physical location of the servers for a ton of the biggest online poker sites.

(p.s. i've actually called them up; as far as i can tell, the entire KGC is 3 people, as listed on their website at http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommission/ , David Montour (Chairperson), Melanie Mayo, and Kevin Kennedy.)

So the fact that the email address of one of the mysterious matching IP addresses appears to be hosted there isn't all that huge, is it? e.g. my first reaction was "ZOMG, does this mean that Kahnawake is somehow in on this!??", but isn't it possible that poker sites not only have their gaming servers up there (the reason that often many of the big sites go down at once), but ALSO that they host their email accounts from there? (I'm sorry if I wasn't as elegant as I would have liked in that description...I'm not well-versed in this stuff.)

In short, while this corroborates the premise that this was an inside job, does the email account being hosted there point to any NEW parties that might be involved or not?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 AM

We should all send them emails.. saying

I C What You Did Here.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if this means anything, so don't jump on me too hard if it doesn't (first post and all). I googled mohawk.ca and came back with Mohawk Internet Technologies. Running a traceroute on Kahnawake's site does not come back with this mohawk.ca domain.

[/ QUOTE ]

look closer

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:57 AM

I mean legally and monetarily.

Yes, get your money out. As a matter of fact, get your money out as of 2 weeks ago, when this was already pretty much proven.

And yes, before making any of this public, make sure you have your legalities covered. These are serious, serious accusations.

Just protect yourself. This is a good thing, but when you're taking aim at a company and a comission, things can get ugly.

This is not to say stop, at all. Just seriously, cover all bases.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Their front page says has a link to

Kahnawake
Gaming
Commission

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am blind[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. Sorry all, proceed with the excellent detective work. Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the fact that the email address of one of the mysterious matching IP addresses appears to be hosted there isn't all that huge, is it? e.g. my first reaction was "ZOMG, does this mean that Kahnawake is somehow in on this!??", but isn't it possible that poker sites not only have their gaming servers up there (the reason that often many of the big sites go down at once), but ALSO that they host their email accounts from there? (I'm sorry if I wasn't as elegant as I would have liked in that description...I'm not well-versed in this stuff.)

In short, while this corroborates the premise that this was an inside job, does the email account being hosted there point to any NEW parties that might be involved or not?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's more likely in my mind that this is an AP employee than someone at the KGC. But it basically CONFIRMS that it was an inside job.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: lolz super accountz *DELETED*

Post deleted by 0evg0
Closed Thread