1011 Pete Sell +201
1012 Nate Quarry -221

1007 Thiago Alves -201
1008 Kuniyoshi Hironaka +181

I'm thinking Martin & Alves myself.

What say you, 2+2?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night Wednesday

Wow I was all over Hironaka @ +200 on bodog. I seriously think Thaigo is about 55% to win this fight...so +200 on his opposition seemed like gold to me.

I think Hironaka is the tougher fighter, the only reason I think Alves is a favorite is because his style of fighting matches up well(for him) vs Kuniyoshi...it also will match up well with the UFC's judging standards.

While I think Terry Martin is gonna simpl,y MUAL leben, it's just gonna be ano play from me. Leben is hte better technical striker and could theoretically pick martin apart.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:27 PM

They added the following fights on Bodog.

Edilberto Crocota -115
vs.
Luke Cummo -115

Leonard Garcia EVEN
vs.
Cole Miller -130

Gray Maynard -300
vs.
Joe Veres +240

Jonathan Goulet -160
vs.
Dustin Hazelett +130

Nate Diaz -200
vs.
Junior Assuncao +160

Not sure on how I am going yet, more studying to be done.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 PM

diaz vs. assuncao will be a great fight to watch. dayyyyyum this card is better than i thought.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I was all over Hironaka @ +200 on bodog. I seriously think Thaigo is about 55% to win this fight...so +200 on his opposition seemed like gold to me.

I think Hironaka is the tougher fighter, the only reason I think Alves is a favorite is because his style of fighting matches up well(for him) vs Kuniyoshi...it also will match up well with the UFC's judging standards.

While I think Terry Martin is gonna simpl,y MUAL leben, it's just gonna be ano play from me. Leben is hte better technical striker and could theoretically pick martin apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed I threw a little on Thomas also I think his experience will win him this fight and him and kenny are pretty much even skill wise.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Nate Diaz -200
vs.
Junior Assuncao +160

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know too much about assuncao other than hes a pretty good bjj guy, so as long as he's not a complete can, i'd take +160 against diaz anyday....nate is very young and just like the elder diaz, highly overrated....

diaz didnt impress me a bit in any of his fights on TUF....the guys he beat lacked experience and looked clueless on the ground....not to mention his standup looked awfully uncoordinated....and as suspected, when he ran into someone with real grappling experience he got steamrolled....he was a winner by default and probably the 3rd or 4th best fighter on the show....
Old 09-19-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nate Diaz -200
vs.
Junior Assuncao +160

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know too much about assuncao other than hes a pretty good bjj guy, so as long as he's not a complete can, i'd take +160 against diaz anyday....nate is very young and just like the elder diaz, highly overrated....

diaz didnt impress me a bit in any of his fights on TUF....the guys he beat lacked experience and looked clueless on the ground....not to mention his standup looked awfully uncoordinated....and as suspected, when he ran into someone with real grappling experience he got steamrolled....he was a winner by default and probably the 3rd or 4th best fighter on the show....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what you're feeling is more important for future fights. You hope nate is overrated in a future fight...but it's hard to say that's true here. Nate's standup was as good or better than most on TUF, even if it didnt' show all the time and he was not steamrolled by manny...even though I did pick and bet on manny to win the finale. Nate's got a very good guard and he's always attacking from it, while I think Manny won the scorecards based on UFC judging, he didn't do much or any damage to nate and nate was doing a great job as well. I don't know enough about Junior to put my money on it, but I'm guessing there's not gonna be an upset. The UFC wouldn't be that stupid to waste and investment like that.

In short, if you know how good Junior is, feel free to bet him. I monst certainly wouldn't bet against Diaz just because he's overrated. I don't think that's gonna work very well for you.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nate Diaz -200
vs.
Junior Assuncao +160

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been looking at the Diaz/Assuncao fight, and think that a bet on Assuncao is the best available on the card right now.

Assuncao's striking is aggressive and unconventional (he is almost bitch-slapping Pellegrino in their fight which looks a bit silly, but Batman didn't seem to want to trade blows with it), but a little sloppy and he'll be giving up a fair bit of reach to Diaz. However I don't see Diaz subbing Assuncao too often (JA is a BJJ brown belt), and his most likely chance of a victory IMO is taking advantage of the reach and grinding out a decision. Assuncao could sub Diaz, or overwhelm him with strikes if he manages to get close enough (he's also shown toughness and at least a half-way decent chin).

Basically Diaz's main strength as a fighter is on the ground, but I think Assuncao is better down there - which makes it an interesting (if slightly odd) first fight for a TUF winner.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:28 PM

I'll take anyone name Thiago.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think what you're feeling is more important for future fights. You hope nate is overrated in a future fight...but it's hard to say that's true here. Nate's standup was as good or better than most on TUF, even if it didnt' show all the time and he was not steamrolled by manny...even though I did pick and bet on manny to win the finale.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt really know how to word it, but yeah, he doesnt have enough experience yet to be overrated, but for the hype he got on the show from dana white, i was very disappointed i guess....as far as his fight with manny, pretty sure i remember diaz's face looking banged up in the post fight interview (could be mistaken though, it was a while ago)....

i agree, him losing his first fight out of TUF is probably not what the UFC has in mind, but my feeling when the show was going on was, once he fights someone with even a little ground experience, he's in trouble....as far as i'm concerned though, i just dont think nate is very good....yet.

we'll see tonight if he's improved any....