Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: UFC 75

Anybody have any plays for the UFC 75 undercard?

Bodog Lines:

Marcus Davis -205
Paul Wilson +160

Gleison Tibau -180
Terry Etim +150

Thiago Silva -350
Tomasz Drwal +275

Naoyuki Kotani -200
Dennis Siver +160

Anthony Torres -115
Jess Liaudin -115
Old 09-06-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think there's value in Hamil, Bisping hasn't done all that much and I think he's a product of the ufc promoting him

[/ QUOTE ]

I completly disagree but i would like to see further reasoning why i should not bet the Farm on Bisping. First of all is Bisping overrated? Maybe.

Is Hamill overrated? For sure that guy is an absolute one trick Pony. He has fought no one that matters even a bit. His greco roman and freestyle wrestling might be great but his hands are non existend. He quite training with Ortiz, and his camp looks really questionable. Beside that rumor has it that Ufc is not his biggest Priority since he is focusing on the olympics 2008. The only way he might get a win is in a lay and pray decision.

Bisping on the other Hand has a great Camp. Wolfslair Academy is by far the best regarding mma that europe has to offer. He prepared for his last two Ufc fights with Kazeka Muniz Gracie Barra Blackbelt and PanAm Champion. Bisping has a strong Kickboxing background. For the fight with Hamill he trained a decent amount of time at big bear with Rampage. Overall it is safe to say that he is the more well roundet Fighter. An aspect i would not want to overlook is that london is his hometurf he does not need to travel has the crowed behind him and his whole structure lined up.

I bought Bisping for 2 Units @ -225 wich i see as a great price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I don't really think Bisping has been tested in takedown defense to the extent thst Hamill could test him. I wasn't aware that the fight wasn't his full motivation, that does give me pause, can Bisping do damage off his back? He seemed to be taken down with moderate effort in his last fights. I don't think a lay and pray is out of the question

[/ QUOTE ]

A lay and pray or even gnp is truly not out of question but i dont see it happen more then 20% off the time this fight goes. With odds of -225 we need to win this fight 70% off the time to break even.

When the fight was announced i had my own line @ -300 given how things went i would now open Bisping as an even bigger favorite.

Take a look @ Countdown to UFC 75 Champion Vs Champion *hint*[p i rate b ay]*hint* make sure to turn off the sound and just take a look @ Bisping wrestling with rampage and the rest off the team at big bear. Iam sure i want be to hard to come up with a good gameplan against Hamill because off his limited tools.

Regarding the question if he can fight from his back, as i said Kazeka Muniz is a world class Bjj Player he took his time with Bisping preparing for the Eric Schafer fight, while they mostly worked on submission defence iam conficed that he added few things to his reportoire.

Last but not least i dont want to hype Bisping up, actually i dont think that he can hang with the elite in 205 but you have to put things into perspective who he is fighting against.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have any plays for the UFC 75 undercard?

Bodog Lines:

Marcus Davis -205
Paul Wilson +160

Gleison Tibau -180
Terry Etim +150

Thiago Silva -350
Tomasz Drwal +275

Naoyuki Kotani -200
Dennis Siver +160

Anthony Torres -115
Jess Liaudin -115

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, Anthony Torres is the best bet there.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:22 PM

2.3u to win 2u on Rampage -115 on betcris. GL, go rampage
Old 09-07-2007, 01:02 PM

Perf, is your write up on ufc junkie yet?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:27 PM

not yet.

i'll cross post it here if everyone wants it. Was just trying to avoid any sense of the mod overly pimping his own stuff.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:45 PM

I'm making small plays on Davis and Drwal. More details to follow maybe.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not yet.

i'll cross post it here if everyone wants it. Was just trying to avoid any sense of the mod overly pimping his own stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Waiting to see who drinks heavily tonight? Wait it's tomorrow there...post up please.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:21 PM

A re-iteration from my predictions a month ago.

Jackson / Hendo: A cardio battle. All Hendo has to do is survive the first 3 rounds and win one of them. He'll get the other two by default if not a KO when Jackson runs out of gas.
Jackson has around 20 lbs of muscle (haven't seen the weigh-ins yet, though) on Hendo. Should be able to push him off the takedown, and lay down some hard leather in the first few rounds.

I had predicted the fight would be pk by fight time, but since that didn't come off, it's a no play. (OK, OK, I put a tiny bet on Jackson, just cause I'm cheering for him.)

Crocop / Kongo: Kickboxer vs. Muay Thai

Both hit hard. Real hard.
Both have negligible ground skills.

Kongo has viscious clench.
Crocop has (?) clench.

Both guys can KO each other. Both guys can be KO'd.

He who scores big first wins.

at 3:1, Kongo is a STEAL.

Bisping / Hamill
Hamill only needs to do his human blanket impression for 2 rounds to pull off a victory. I think the line is pretty good, but once again, I'm putting a tiny bet on Bisping, just because I hate Hamill so much.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do cross post.