Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Early UFC 74/75 Lines

I AM SO ANGRY ABOUT LIDDELL/JARDINE OANDSKLFAKSDJGHKASDJNFKMASDNFIOUHE FU DANA FU FU FU FU

AND I DEFEND YOU ALL THE TIME FROM PRIDENUTHUGGERS SADFLHSDFASDFKH

Without the hyperbole, this is soooooo bad it's comical. I might not watch the whole thing just out of principle, except that shogun is fighting so i think i have to [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Why not Houston? Why not Forrest? Or Bisping? Somebody who is coming off a WIN, not somebody who got vicously KTFO by an utter unknown?

Chuck = 6 title fights in a row.
Jardine = Once beat Forrest???

OMG
Old 07-15-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I AM SO ANGRY ABOUT LIDDELL/JARDINE OANDSKLFAKSDJGHKASDJNFKMASDNFIOUHE FU DANA FU FU FU FU

AND I DEFEND YOU ALL THE TIME FROM PRIDENUTHUGGERS SADFLHSDFASDFKH

Without the hyperbole, this is soooooo bad it's comical. I might not watch the whole thing just out of principle, except that shogun is fighting so i think i have to [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Why not Houston? Why not Forrest? Or Bisping? Somebody who is coming off a WIN, not somebody who got vicously KTFO by an utter unknown?

Chuck = 6 title fights in a row.
Jardine = Once beat Forrest???

OMG

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't there drama about the Shogun fight too? I thought I heard neither he nor his management have heard anything personally from Dana bout him fighting Machida.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:14 AM

i have only very recently got into UFC, but the jardine-liddell matchup struck me as really stupid too. it's almost more a match where the person who loses will have to fall way, way down the totem pole, than a match where the winner gets a big bump.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:20 AM

Why not....
Houston: He'd KO Liddell and Dana does not want Chuck to lose 2 in a row.
Forrest: Needs to win 1 more for a big fight. Plus, he wants Shogun.
Bisping: Fighting Hamill already. Plus, he is very overrated and Dana doesn't want to expose the TUF winner to a KO.

He should have put Forrest vs Shogun and Chuck vs Machida, but once again Dana doesn't want Chuck to lose again.

I'm just pissed that it's the main event. 2 fighters that just got KTFO easily should not be a main event. If he gets a title shot after the win I'd also be really pissed.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:42 AM

Houston is too much of an unknown. He's probably a big underdog, but Dana wouldn't want to take a chance with an unestablished fighter. Also, he already has a fight lined up.

Griffin would make perfect sense. He's a bigger draw than Jardine, but it's more of a sacrifice when he loses.

As biggums said, there's no way he's going to sacrifice Bisping, and Bisping has a fight lined up anyway.

The ufc needed someone with decent exposure, who has a long enough record to conclude that they're a big underdog to Liddell. Given that they aren't doing the big Silva fight, he can wait until after his September fight to face a top contender again. Lambert, Griffin, and Jardine seem like the only reasonable options, and Lambert already has a fight coming up. While I think Griffin would be a better choice, either he didn't want the fight, or the ufc doesn't want to sacrifice him.

Machida/Shogun will be a tough fight, and the winner definitely deserves a title shot. While I don't want to see Shogun lose, it's the only way for him to earn an instant shot. I hope the fight goes through.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just pissed that it's the main event. 2 fighters that just got KTFO easily should not be a main event. If he gets a title shot after the win I'd also be really pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Liddell's a huge draw. Not using him as a main event would be a waste of resources. You'd end up with overlapping draws. Liddell most likely isn't getting an instant title shot after his next fight, especially if Rampage beats Henderson, so there's no reason to give Jardine a shot if he beats Liddell. Shogun is supposedly getting a shot if he wins his first fight, so most likely the next shot goes to the winner of Shogun/Machida.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Machida/Shogun will be a tough fight, and the winner definitely deserves a title shot. While I don't want to see Shogun lose, it's the only way for him to earn an instant shot. I hope the fight goes through.

[/ QUOTE ]

They could have just given him a title shot vs the winner of Hendo-Rampage. He is the #1 LHW in the world after all...

Hendo got instant title shot and Fedor will as well. Why not Shogun?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not....

2 fighters that just got KTFO easily should not be a main event. If he gets a title shot after the win I'd also be really pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you pls count to 10 first, the next time you feel like piping in? the more you talk, the sillier you look
Old 07-16-2007, 02:36 AM

ooo a Chuck fanboy has arrived. Chuck's weakness is strikers which is why he has been fed grappler after grappler. I'm not saying that Houston's a lock...but I'd pick him over Liddell.

I understand the position from a business point of view as Chuck is a fan favorite because of the UFC hype machine. They can still put it on the main card and hype it to fans like they did to the Tito/Rashad match. No reason to hype that match other than the fact that it's Tito.

I wouldn't put it past Dana to give him a title shot if Hendo wins. He likes Chuck...the fans like Chuck.. and he's more marketable than Hendo. He is also known for giving former champions very quick paths to a title shot.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm right. My past performance has told me that I'm right more often than I'm wrong. Nothing is a 100% lock in MMA which is one reason I like it so much.

Maybe you'd like to say why you think I'm wrong in everything I've said in this thread instead of what you just did.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:42 AM

Split Decision Dan is going down now that he doesn't have the Japanese judges helping him out.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you'd like to say why you think I'm wrong in everything I've said in this thread instead of what you just did.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, not maybe, you're wrong

[ QUOTE ]
ooo a Chuck fanboy has arrived.

[/ QUOTE ]

where?

[ QUOTE ]
Chuck's weakness is strikers which is why he has been fed grappler after grappler.

[/ QUOTE ]

what exactly is overeem, metzger, belfort, suloev etc.. genius?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't think i need stress something plainly self-evident to you, but apparently i do.. so fine

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh yea okay, houston is gonna ko chuck via what? your imagination? the same guy who charged in and got dropped to a knee by one of jardine's slapping wrist punches? what do you think one of liddell's overhand right which ko'd iron-chined fighters like randy/horn/tito etc is going to do to him?

houston also did most of his damage after jardine got lazy w/ him in the clinch and got uppercuted to death.. do you really think w/ chuck's footwork which eluded good greco-roman wrestlers such as randy and babalu who lived off the clinch that houston is actually going to get that close?

houston isn't fighting chuck at this stage b/c he doesn't deserve it. this is the same houston who lost to medina, a 16-10 fighter who got ko'd by trigg/gideon ray/derrick noble. in fact, aside from the jardine fight, the opponents he has beaten has a combined record of (34-78), but somehow in all of a one fight which he was almost ko'd initially you're convinced he'd fu-k chuck? okay..

so explain if jardine doesn't DESERVE a fight w/ chuck w/ a much better record, then why does houston deserve one again?

[ QUOTE ]
2 fighters that just got KTFO easily should not be a main event.

[/ QUOTE ]

so by your brilliant logic, the likes of gsp/hughes/crocop/franklin etc doesn't deserve to be the main event ever either b/c they were ko'd in one of their fights?

way to go hoss, so who is left that DO deserve to be in the main event then? matt serra and chris lytle?

ktfo so easily?? you do realize chuck was simply unlucky/underprepared that day right? you make it sound like chuck has a fragile chin and gets routinely put lights-out. aside from his previous fight, can you show me another instance of him being put down by a one-shot ko? go ahead.. i'm waiting.

[ QUOTE ]
If he gets a title shot after the win I'd also be really pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? okay mmaster, who do YOU think deserves a title shot if not the guy who successfully defended the championship belt 5 straight times after he wins a fight against a top 5 division contender?

shogun? wandy? what exactly have they done in the ufc to justify the title-shot if chuck doesn't "deserve" it? combined they have ZERO fights in ufc but apparently they deserve it more than the 6 time lhw titleholder who also have 2 wins over the current hw champ? outrageously humourous..

who else is left then? lambert can't beat rashad. rashad can't beat tito and don't deserve a shot until he does.. tito can't beat stamina. forest and gouveia can't beat jardine.. bisping and machida you can barely make a case for, but i don't see why they deserve it anymore than chuck after winning 2 straight against semi-mediocre competition (in bisping's case) and unimpressively (machida's case). so you tell me hoss: WHO "DESERVES" a title-shot if chuck doesn't if he wins against jardine?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm right. My past performance has told me that I'm right more often than I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, your past posting performance indicated that you're wrong.. period