Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Things that annoy you about live poker.

[ QUOTE ]
All the abuse of the guy who was calling out the "no wash" pee-ers makes me think I've found a whole lot of you bastards. I'd never call you out at the table, but wash your hands, you filthy slobs. I'm a degenerate, and I wash before (whatever is on those chips is not touching my privates) and after. It takes 15 seconds extra.

And LOL at those of you who don't like drunks and potheads. One of my pet peeves is other sober players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hardly someone who would be called a clean or neat-freak. But I wash my hands pretty diligently at the good old B&M...and for longer than 15 seconds.
I can't imagine I would ever call out someone else at the table for failing to do this though.

Reminds me of my brief stretch dealing blackjack.
20 minute break for every hour on the floor and whether you had to take a leak or not practically every dealer would head to the bathroom at the start of their break and diligently wash their hands. Repeat this action all night long.
I have to think a lot of poker-players do the same thing.

A lot of the chips you are handing can get pretty disgusting. And some of the bills that have been crumpled up in a sweaty pocket or something aren't exactly the cleanest pieces of paper either.

It may sound pretty OCD of me but I really don't think I get like that about pretty much anything else.