Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 04:27 PM

Default How to win at BBV4L

After a month of railbirding this forum and reading old posts, I conclude BBV4L wins the internets. Your goal in BBV4L is to out-post everyone else. Don’t try to achieve this in one fell swoop. You should be striving to grind out a small edge by routinely making high-quality posts. Guys like Conspire, edfurlong, and 4drugmoney routinely beat this forum for 7-8 posts/100. These tips should help u win at BBV4L, and through the transitive property, win at the internets.

-social conventions are mostly –EV. BBV4L values degeneration, balla-ness, and absurdity

-if you are going to post something weak, at least make it ambiguous enough to maintain the illusion it may be a level. Posting about your recently deceased wife is borderline ok, as long as you title ur thread “Hudge Brag: Wife now in Heaven!” cuz maybe ur just glad the bitch is gone. If you want to post about how intuitive your cat is, you must’ve gotten lost on ur way to OOT.

-try to use quality over quantity and use a tight-aggressive posting style (see I Love Mr Slope for examples).

-if you are going to post an outrageous story/trip report, try to make it realistic, even if it’s an obvious joke. Sometimes vivid details can help. For example, if you are claiming to have bought a 14 yr. Old girl on e-bay, including her favorite flavor of ice cream (cherry) or if u enjoy watching high school musical with him/her (yes). Also, pics help.

-When encountering and obv level (i.e. “Vanessa Rousso is hot”) this is a good opportunity to show off your meta-leveling skills. Calling for “Ban” or “Insta-ban” is too obvious and shows no depth. A graphic convo b/w her and Chad Brown, ending w/ Vanessa screaming “I’m about to achieve the equilibrium payoff!!!!” is much more sophisticated.

-Don’t refer to another poster as being “gay”. This term is very offensive, as bad as the N word. They have in fact caught “teh ghey”, which is kinda like a viral infection.

-How to handle mods: use grudging obedience. We don’t need to lose any more great posters ala LionelHutz, so stick to the rules. Although, if u never get banned, u aren’t trying. If Dids bans u, don’t take it out on us, just nail his mom again.

These guidelines should give u a good start. After you master the basics, u can move on to more advanced concepts like non-linear posting and working on ur unpredictability. Remember, these are some of the most creatively unproductive people in the world, but BBV4L can be highly rewarding.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: How to win at BBV4L

FAIL
Old 10-01-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After a month of railtarding this forum and reading old posts, I conclude BBV4L wins the internets.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYFirstSentence. As for the rest, um, tl;dr imo.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:30 PM

ban
Old 10-01-2007, 04:32 PM

Most of this stuff is glaringly standard and outlined in this book:
Old 10-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Why does the rail think they always know how to play the hand better than the person in the seat holding the cards?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:34 PM

terrible thread, did it come with a happy meal?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-if you are going to post something weak, at least make it ambiguous enough to maintain the illusion it may be a level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll assume this is what you were doing.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:39 PM

one cannot quantify the complexities of, nor define the recipe of success to, the enigma which is bbv4l, imo
Old 10-01-2007, 04:42 PM

I'll just assume this whole thread is a terrible level and go about my buznass elsewheres.