Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-28-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Massive $140,000 chip dump on Ongame

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how does this affect you and why is this a problem to anyone but ongame if he didnt play with the huge stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got to be kidding? This is a huge deal. Are you condoning people defrauding poker rooms? The more people steal the worse the promotions are, the more innocent people get their accounts locked and the more likely a room is to raise the rake to cover large amounts of money stolen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was asking a question and you answered it for me. How are these people stealing money from ongame though if one person is dumping to the other?

I also don't condone people "defrauding" pokerrooms, but if they are not cheating anyone, than I couldnt care less.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY WOULD THEY NEED TO DUMP 140K GENIUS? LEGITIMATE BUSINESS YOU THINK?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how does this affect you and why is this a problem to anyone but ongame if he didnt play with the huge stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got to be kidding? This is a huge deal. Are you condoning people defrauding poker rooms? The more people steal the worse the promotions are, the more innocent people get their accounts locked and the more likely a room is to raise the rake to cover large amounts of money stolen.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. Yes, it seems cool to have the laid back attitude and the "stop snitching" pic, but where the [censored] do you think that $130,000 is going to come from if the site gets screwed because of CC fraud, money laundering, etc? Also, everyone always bitches when the sites ask for a bunch of ID when cashing out - the more fraud that happens, the more sites are going to be asking for this stuff.

It would be one thing if it was 2 buddies trying to dump $50 to one another so they can play micros (still against T&C's, but no reason for us to get worked up), but $130,000?? Stop snitching??? LOL!

Finally, how much in favor of "stop snitching" will you be if your account is hacked, dumped to someone else, and cashed out?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't condone people "defrauding" pokerrooms, but if they are not cheating anyone, than I couldnt care less.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you know they aren't cheating anyone? Any chance the account being dumped from has been hacked? Seems like one of the most likely scenarios to me. I find it hard to envision any "legitimate" reason for the dump...anyone who has $130,000 online should know enough not to try to "transfer" to someone else by chip dumping.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you know they aren't cheating anyone? Any chance the account being dumped from has been hacked? Seems like one of the most likely scenarios to me. I find it hard to envision any "legitimate" reason for the dump...anyone who has $130,000 online should know enough not to try to "transfer" to someone else by chip dumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say they aren't cheating anyone, I said IF they aren't cheating anyone than I couldn't care less. I obviously don't condone people's accounts getting hacked and their money stolen. But to be honest, like I said earlier, I could care less if people are stealing from Ongame, especially Pokerroom, even though I still don't understand how this is stealing from Ongame.

If the guy did hack someone's account and is stealing his cash, then he should burn in hell. If they are laundering, then its non of my business.

EDIT: has a site ever upped its rake to cover money fraud, stolen cc's etc?? serious question, I obviously don't know much about this.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 PM

obviously the rake covers expenses, and fraud is an expense of doing business.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:45 PM

What is your name teddyfbi?? Maybe I'd recognize you!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and you're dumb
Old 11-29-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: has a site ever upped its rake to cover money fraud, stolen cc's etc?? serious question, I obviously don't know much about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fraud is massive expense for poker rooms and in some occasions fraud can bust poker rooms. Any time rake goes up assume fraud has gone up too as it is one of the top expenses a poker room has. This is why some poker roms seem overly paranoid.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:13 AM

OP: what table did this occur at. Was it one of the tables with a name, or was it a private table that can be created by any player?

And plz describe dumping. Was it one player raising everything except $1, and the other one folding?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not that I've heard of; I have to admit on second thought that a direct link may be a bit of a red herring...although I'm sure less bonus could be a possibility if fraud like this was rampant.

The bigger issue really is other players being ripped off, which is the main reason I think it is incumbent on players to report chip dumping like this.