Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm fully in favor gun ownership and the right to defend yourself, but this seems excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. If this mouth breather had to use a bat he would have stayed home. Guns make killing people too easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep
Old 11-28-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm fully in favor gun ownership and the right to defend yourself, but this seems excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. If this mouth breather had to use a bat he would have stayed home. Guns make killing people too easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually,edit: yep, it makes it easier for individual's protecting themselves, family, and home to kill criminals
Old 11-28-2007, 07:13 PM

Assessment: This guy wasn't in imminent danger, and there's no way a jury's going to let him get off after wasting two guys for burglarizing a house, when they posed him minimal threat. His entire attitude suggests vigilantism, all the times he said "I'm not gonna let them get away with this!" is evidence of that. He said he had to "protect himself" as they were leaving the window of a neighbor's house, his mind was pretty much made up, he's lucky if they turned out to be armed and on his property.

This guy's guilty as sin of murder.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 PM

I don't think anyone can argue with:
- the guy went outside because the burglars were "getting away" with "a bag of loot", not because they were threatening him or his neighbour or anyone's property.
- the guy went outside with the intention of killing them.

in civilized countries this would be premeditated murder, not manslaughter or self-defense. Civilization is relatively new to Texas and to the US in general: it is a very young state and it isn't long since it was an untamed frontier. It's standard that countries like that have less respect for the rule of law. Vigilante justice is commonplace in such countries: research for example the Texas Rangers, Hamas or Mapogo a Mathamaga.

Texas has to decide whether it wants to take another step towards civilization, but I suspect Texans are perfectly happy with the way it is.
Closed Thread