Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Why are people so crazy when it comes to preventing sex?

Drudge is pimping this story http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/st...0&ac=PHnws on a school district considering the distribution of birth control to sexually active middle schoolers.

The comments below are interesting. Here is part of a long rambling one:
[ QUOTE ]
Sex before marriage is wrong. And should one CHOOSE to have sex outside of marriage, that is their CHOICE. Having already made that CHOICE consensually, and should the young woman become pregnant, then as a result of her CHOICE she and her boyfriend need to live with their initial CHOICE and have the baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the right wing wackos don't want anyone to have sex before marriage and they want the consequence for people who do to be a baby out of marriage. Why are they trying to control us and is it right for them to use political means to keep us from making informed descisions?

If a girl's parents are nuts, she should have a place where she can recieve sane, scientific counseling.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Why are people so crazy when it comes to preventing sex?

"If I'm not getting any, nor should anyone else."
Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 AM

Jesus doesn't want teenagers to have sex. And if teenagers do have sex, Jesus wants them to make a baby. It is all in the bible somewhere. I think that most of Jesus's edicts on the Pill and other birth control methods is in Luke and Matthew somewhere.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Drudge is pimping this story http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/st...0&ac=PHnws on a school district considering the distribution of birth control to sexually active middle schoolers.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sex before marriage is wrong. And should one CHOOSE to have sex outside of marriage, that is their CHOICE. Having already made that CHOICE consensually, and should the young woman become pregnant, then as a result of her CHOICE she and her boyfriend need to live with their initial CHOICE and have the baby.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the right wing wackos don't want anyone to have sex before marriage and they want the consequence for people who do to be a baby out of marriage. Why are they trying to control us and is it right for them to use political means to keep us from making informed descisions?

If a girl's parents are nuts, she should have a place where she can recieve sane, scientific counseling.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes I agree, and it's often the young adult that seeks counsuling that is more sane than the wacko's overseeing her. Even AC's should realize that young adults have a great deal of ownership of their own bodies, especially, if their bodies are capable of producing a baby.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ] Yes I agree, and it's often the young adult that seeks counsuling that is more sane than the wacko's overseeing her. Even AC's should realize that young adults have a great deal of ownership of their own bodies, especially, if their bodies are capable of producing a baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously tax payers should encourage sex among middle school students; pay for their contraception; pay for their doctor visits during pregnancy; pay for the after care of their children; provide government handouts for unwed middle school age children that choose to have children of their own; pay for treatment of STDs and pay for their abortions. I get it, thanks for the convincing argument
Old 10-17-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously tax payers should encourage sex among middle school students; pay for their contraception; pay for their doctor visits during pregnancy; pay for treatment of STDs and pay for their abortions. I get it, thanks for the convincing argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sex education should be for High School kids, Middle schoolers should be getting the abstinence message only.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Yes I agree, and it's often the young adult that seeks counsuling that is more sane than the wacko's overseeing her. Even AC's should realize that young adults have a great deal of ownership of their own bodies, especially, if their bodies are capable of producing a baby.

Obviously tax payers should encourage sex among middle school students; pay for their contraception; pay for their doctor visits during pregnancy; pay for treatment of STDs and pay for their abortions. I get it, thanks for the convincing argument.

[/ QUOTE ] was all that what I was agreeing to? obviously i've had a few too many and am ready for bed. I certainly wouldn't agree to what you said. Goodbye and goodnight. Ive had a bit too much.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:36 AM

Until what age, DBL? This is important to your point. On what magical day do the teachers say "remember what we told you about not having sex, well now you are 14 and its suddenly ok, go down to the nurse and get your IUD implanted"

Adios, Do you believe in public education in general?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:38 AM

My understanding is that unwanted teen pregnancies have decreased since the abstinance message has been the message delivered for all teens. BTW the children of these unwanted pregnancies would seem to be more likely to need government handouts themselves and thus more likely to become dependent on them. People dependent on government handouts are more likely to vote for politicians that promise to perpetuate and increase the handouts. So you get the parents and the kids voting for people promising and delivering govenment handouts.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Yes I agree, and it's often the young adult that seeks counsuling that is more sane than the wacko's overseeing her. Even AC's should realize that young adults have a great deal of ownership of their own bodies, especially, if their bodies are capable of producing a baby.

[/ QUOTE ] was all that what I was agreeing to? obviously i've had a few too many and am ready for bed. I certainly wouldn't agree to what you said. Goodbye and goodnight. Ive had a bit too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reference OP posted was about middle school students and providing them with birth control apparently funded and administered by tax payers at least in part.