View Poll Results: Who wins in a fight?
Grizzly Bear 149 69.95%
Liger 64 30.05%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: *** Official August -- October Chatter Thread ***

sweat my MLB parlay (0.78u to win 10u)

Cleveland (Sabathia) vs. KC Royals (Bannister)
Houston (Oswalt) vs. Pittsburgh (Snell)
Chi White Sox (Contreras) vs. LAA (Colon)
Colorado (Fogg) vs. Florida (Willis)
San Diego (C. Young) vs. San Fran (Zito)

SWEAT ME [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 11:29 AM

My old room mate says he reads this forum. I ask him if he reads posts by: "MyTurn2Raise". He responds: "Is that you?"

Choo Choo.

I got a happy sum at a absurdo line on Florida Atl. Its gonna be an unhappy sum if they don't robusto. So lets gogogogogogoogogogogogo.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:39 AM

yes, gogo florida atl

as a warning, i bet them and sweat them last week..... and they did a lot of dumbass shiit.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, gogo florida atl

as a warning, i bet them and sweat them last week..... and they did a lot of dumbass shiit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell me this. I stress enough. I need a massage.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:10 PM

I've been running hotter than the sun all month. Is there anything wrong with hating my hot streak since I know the cooler to come will be so icy I might jump off a bridge?

Gamblor Fallacy FTW.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:51 AM

I've been betting few hundred per game on some lightly bet MLB props at a sports book... They recently started moving the line against me by 5 cents after I make my selection but before I can confirm the wager. The bastards were moving the line on air. So the next time I put in an order for the opposite side that I wanted and waited... sure enough they moved it 5 cents against me. I cancel the wager and then immediately swoop in and bet the other side that I originally wanted. I must have got to it before they could move the line back because I got it at 5 cents better than before!
Old 09-16-2007, 11:03 AM

Who can point me in the direction of some good sports betting reading material? I'm a long time poker player, but I feel like I'm a pretty big novice in terms of sports betting. I saw in a couple threads people talking about "wongs" - is that related to that author Stanford Wong or is it something totally different?

I'm a big NFL nut, and usually I look at a schedule and just run down the schedule predicting outcomes, then take my picks and compare them to the actual lines and see what looks good to me. Is this reasonable or pointless?

Are two team teasers good bets or sucker bets? This week I liked Atlanta to cover and NO to win on the road, but I opted for some breathing room with a two team teaser with ATL +16.5 and NO +2 (bet pays 1:1). NO -4 was a lot scarier to me than NO -2.5, etc. No idea if this is just an idiot move or standard fare.

Anyways, I'm rambling a bit - but if some folks could point me to some good reading material/discussions it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2007, 11:06 AM

Get Stanford Wong's "Sharp Sports Betting" .... that will explain teasers in full, and give you some ideas on how to analyze betting data.

After that, read the FAQ here and read the good posters (obv not me) to get a feel for their logic / how they try and profit from betting

If you get some ideas, start playing around in Excel and testing against historical data
Old 09-16-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been betting few hundred per game on some lightly bet MLB props at a sports book... They recently started moving the line against me by 5 cents after I make my selection but before I can confirm the wager. The bastards were moving the line on air. So the next time I put in an order for the opposite side that I wanted and waited... sure enough they moved it 5 cents against me. I cancel the wager and then immediately swoop in and bet the other side that I originally wanted. I must have got to it before they could move the line back because I got it at 5 cents better than before!

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha nh.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:41 PM

Could anyone tell me what the bookies rules in general are when it comes to redeposit bonus on bookie->bookie transfer?
I transferred to Greek from Skybook and they gave me the reload bonus, now I transferred to CRIS from Skybook and they told me they didn't do it on transfers like that (which they don't mention anywhere in their rules)
Closed Thread