Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2006, 07:48 PM

Default Death Valley

I banned him for 3 days for him x-posting his "Petition for ZeeJustin" in like half the forums.

If you guys don't think he should have been banned, feel free to discuss. But I think it was pretty ridiculous.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Death Valley

[ QUOTE ]
in like half the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have many of them already been removed? I only see a couple x-posts.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in like half the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have many of them already been removed? I only see a couple x-posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took down MTT, MTTC. HSNL, MSNL both had them. As did internet. That's when I banned him. I guess he could have just done it 6 times, which is ridiculous anyway.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took down MTT, MTTC. HSNL, MSNL both had them. As did internet. That's when I banned him. I guess he could have just done it 6 times, which is ridiculous anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I count one original thread and four x-posts.

Anyway, I was just trying to figure out how many forums he had posted this in to determine whether or not a suspension is appropriate. I doubt that he thought he was doing anything wrong by x-posting that in a few forums. Warning him probably would have been the better way to go, IMO.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I was just trying to figure out how many forums he had posted this in to determine whether or not a suspension is appropriate. I doubt that he thought he was doing anything wrong by x-posting that in a few forums. Warning him and removing at least some of the x-posts would have probably been a better way to go, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

He posted in MSNL, MSNL, Internet, MTT, MTTC and original thread.

He got flamed in every single forum he posted it in, with people who didn't want to see that type of stuff across the forum. Especially since MSNL and HSNL have NOTHING to do with the ZeeJustin incident.

He was also trolling the ZeeJustin issue within a thread by Jman in HSNL, pissing people off there too.

As I said, if you don't think it was warranted, by all means unban him. But maybe this will serve as more than a warning to him that he doesn't need to troll the forums.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I was just trying to figure out how many forums he had posted this in to determine whether or not a suspension is appropriate. I doubt that he thought he was doing anything wrong by x-posting that in a few forums. Warning him and removing at least some of the x-posts would have probably been a better way to go, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan,

It sounds like it was at least 5 forums. If that's the case i strongly disagree with you here. Xposting to that many forums is never reasonable.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ryan,

It sounds like it was at least 5 forums. If that's the case i strongly disagree with you here. Xposting to that many forums is never reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it was five new threads in the same number of forums, including the original in HSNL.

I don't disagree with you about it being unreasonable. However, I don't think he needed to be suspended. It's easy enough to remove the x-posts, and I doubt he would have done this again if he had been warned.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:46 PM

I think in the future if you are going to ban someone for something like this either lock the threads or move them here so admins can see them rather than deleting them. I just edited the link out of the MTTC one and left it at that. I am indifferent about the banning, I just didnt do it because he's been a member since 2002 and never caused problems as far as I know.
~Justin
Old 08-20-2006, 02:05 AM

The issue I have with what he did is the fact that he's been here as long as he has.

After trolling that thread in HSNL with ZeeJustin crap, and everyone in that thread told him to shutup and please talk about strategy, he decided to make the poll and x-post it all over the place.

He knows damn well that HSNL is probably the LEAST approriate forum for his thread. MTTC and About the Forums would be much better, and someone who's been around as long as he has knows that. It's blatantly obvious that he was just trying to cause trouble.

And luckily, that's exactly what he did. Every single forum he posted in got a horrible response. He lost his "should we ban ZJ" poll handily. Then someone made a thread asking for him to be banned inside of HSNL and linked to it from the MSNL thread.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:31 AM

For what it's worth I think a suspension is probably called for here. And I'm pretty slow on the trigger for these kinds of things.