Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Ivey and the Golf Scandal.

What do you guys think about the implications for all this slander? I mean i play 0.5&1 and $1&2 pot limit and would one day love to have the chance to pit my wits in cash games against the best PLO players in the world. Should it turn out that i have the ability of course. However with all this talk of hustling and generally trying to screw each other out of money in any way possible. I really am beginning to wonder why the [censored] anyone would want to become involved in this shady world and obviously very unethical business. I mean the guys at the top of the poker world are very intelligent and could probably make it in any number of fields and make very good money. What is the attraction of becoming a full time pro now?

Also on a side note I really hope these kinds of stories don’t hurt poker as a whole, the US government is determined to remove this game from our range of gambling choices. Stories like these concerning the top tier of players hardly cast a positive light on the game.

I know this was a golf related incidence but Phil Ivey is well known and famous for being a POKER player. With all the trappings he has gained from the game you would think he would realize that he has a responsibility to not bring the game into disrepute by making a matter such as this a public thing. If this was the NFL he’d be working on a year long suspension from the governing body. Maybe this is what poker/gambling needs a governing regulating body that could be used to "arbitrate" in matters such as these. Again I know this was golf but it seems that these guys value the dollar more than each others friendship, its pretty sad and disheartening in my opinion.

Id like to know what you all think about the above comments.