Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 08:04 PM

Default I\'m Lovin\' It! hand vs miles

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks
Old 04-11-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: I\'m Lovin\' It! hand vs miles

I laughed out loud after I looked at this hand. Not in a demeaning way, more because I liked it in a deliciously retarded sort of way. There are really no draws out there, besides Q10, so it looks like you have strong hand, but I would only try this if Miles is aggro postflop, and also likely to fold anything worse then a K here. So it depends of your image in his eyes alil. If you've done this before and gotten caught, and he has seen it, I'd say your spewing big time. After he calls your raise though, he probably committed to showing down, so you might as well check the river.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:35 PM

Miles has lost too many BB recently to justify saving some by folding the river after bet/calling the turn.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:36 PM

So gay. I have AT here, obviously checked behind. My turn call is bad. I was tilting. However, his line is pretty much ridiculous because I rarely bet AT or AQ on the turn here so he's check raising a better hand nearly all the time (and clearly I'm never folding). If he wants to make a play at this pot, the place to do it is on the flop (or cap preflop).
Old 04-11-2007, 09:05 PM

Just curious is 3-betting AT a good idea here PF, I usually do not unless I have a read that PF raiser is way too loose.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So gay. I have AT here, obviously checked behind. My turn call is bad. I was tilting. However, his line is pretty much ridiculous because I rarely bet AT or AQ on the turn here so he's check raising a better hand nearly all the time (and clearly I'm never folding). If he wants to make a play at this pot, the place to do it is on the flop (or cap preflop).

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really calling me down with 66-TT here? What about AJ?

In case it wasn't clear, I'm not going for a c/r or anything retarded on the river, I just cut if off there because I felt like it. I thought I had FE against a decent amount of better hands on the turn and I estimated a -37% chance he would fold a better hand on the river after calling the turn so I give up.

3betting me pf there with AT is probably close but not a big deal if it's wrong. I don't play very well OOP and I'm usually pretty honest. I do however fold KT/QT not sooted in that spot so he won't have me dominated very often.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:06 AM

This is a dumb post.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a dumb post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, thanks for the input, I can't imagine why you play 1/2 with expert analysis like this. Hopefully you aren't some 400/800 balla that was just posting in the microlimit forum because then I'd be lol embarassed. Does this exciting, creative and thought provoking hand meet your approval?

Pokerstars minbet 5/10 (6 handed)
Hero raises with AcAd, 4 folds, BB calls
Flop AsAhKc
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn 2s

River: 9h

Discuss.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a dumb post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, thanks for the input, I can't imagine why you play 1/2 with expert analysis like this. Hopefully you aren't some 400/800 balla that was just posting in the microlimit forum because then I'd be lol embarassed. Does this exciting, creative and thought provoking hand meet your approval?

Pokerstars minbet 5/10 (6 handed)
Hero raises with AcAd, 4 folds, BB calls
Flop AsAhKc

Turn 2s

River: 9h

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the value bet on the river. I think you are ahead of his range.

nh.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:21 AM

on a serious note, I don't mind the c/r on the turn, but would have a c/r on the flop with a turn lead been more effective, or does it appear to be more of a play?