Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: C bet situation

I think player descriptions really matter in hands like this.

In Miles posted hand he doesn't give a read but if villian is more lag he range is wider and getting raised and calldown a safe turn/river can be profitable.

In this hand we have a solid tag and against his range, and I'll throw this out there for debate, AA/55-99, KJ+, QJs, A9s+, ATo+, he is never not seeing a turn and many a river. So I think it then comes down to postflop aggression.

Against a passive tag we can bet the flop and take a free look at the river should we choose. Against and agggressive player I think we are better off taking that free card right now. I don't think the presence of the BB changes much as his completing range either connects in some way with this board or is dominated by our hand.

Also if our hand didn't have all those backdoor draws (A7,A5s) then I think just throwing out a bet 100% of the time and folding to any aggression is the way to go
Old 11-11-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: C bet situation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Change one of the 9x to a Q or an 8 and I just check.

This one is a bet IMO. You do get 6:1 on your c-bet and if it doesnt work right now you still might win the pot UI. Either with another bet on the turn HU or because you see a SD

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you taking the free card with an oesd, a backdoor flush and an overcard ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad example. I missed those cards will give me an OESD.

I will check 3-way with eg A7s on QT9 giving me a bdfd.