Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Playalong

UTG is unknown. BB is a TAGtard. Hes bluff raised/check raised me on the river at least 3 times. Hes capable of playing either pretty well or being really FPS/Spewy. Not sure which mode hes in right now.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero
Old 10-24-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Playalong

calls and checkraises turn.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:25 PM

Since UTG is unknown are we to assume that UTG doesn't have a read on the BB's tardness?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:09 AM

i would cap for value and protection and try to force bb out.

other options are:

calling and check-raising the turn. however, the turn may get checked through. also, you might not have a sufficient equity advantage to raise the turn. if you raise you may get 3-bet by the unknown utg and would probably have to fold not being 100% sure that you are not folding the best hand.

calling and donking a safe-looking turn. however, most turn cards will either be overcards or hearts and with two opponents still in the game you will have a very difficult time navigating any raises. capping the flop mitigates this problem because (a) you represent a stronger hand so your opponents may be scared to bluff you and (b) you may force bb out on the flop.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:49 AM

calls and probably calls a bet on the turn
Old 10-25-2007, 01:17 AM

Don't we just cap here?

UTG is unknown but seeing as he open limped UTG you can't really give him too much credit here right?

BB can have wide range of hands that he would have raised since I'm guessing he's a thinking TAG who can get out of line right.

If you cap we are ahead here majority of time and it makes it a lot easier to play the turn no matter what card comes and if we can either price in bad hands for more chips (BB) or isolate the pot to HU with 99 here we're definetly +EV in the long run so just CAP?

Unless I'm missing a fold line here where it doesn't involve calling two bets cold on the flop it's a CAP right?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:23 AM

I'd just load up the train to 4 town. My ball park guess is we have greater than 33% equity, but not by a lot actually. Either way, I didn't see any real reason to call the flop and donk a safe turn (I don't like checking the turn and leaving open giving a free card) as we have the same options open to us, plus some extra sklansky bucks, if we cap the flop.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:37 AM

Ok, so I made it 4.

BB and UTG call.

Turn J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hychahychahycha
Old 10-25-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I made it 4.

BB and UTG call.

Turn J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hychahychahycha

[/ QUOTE ]

lol of course - a heart and an overcard, sweet.

since we are against a crazie and an unknown, i don't want to b/f. so i check and call one bet but fold for two bets.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:24 AM

Like we either have to check-fold or bet-fold right? Putting in more money in the pot by calling just seems so unprofitable to me (ex. Check turn and call the turn if its one bet on turn etc).

Is bet-fold fine here since the pot is so enormous so we don't want to check-fold? More that I think about it I think you bet-fold here. Because of the action on the flop theres still a good chance that neither of them were on the flush draw and I mean if the overcard J got there bad beat but at least we tried.

Because of BB's tendencies to get out of line he could have a hand that we are still beating and since the UTG player open limp 3 bet flop he either has a monster (set/flush) or he could have a hand that we are still beating. I mean if UTG player is crushing us in this pot he really got you good but if he wants to get you by open limping UTG, lets hope all his $ goes to us in the long run.

Since we raised preflop and capped the flop if BB can raise the turn he probably has us beat right? I mean even if BB can be out of line I don't think he can profitably bluff raise a hand worse then ours since UTG can have him crushed too. If it goes like bet, BB call, UTG raises we can also probably fold since it's very rare for people to squeeze raise a giant pot when the scare card comes right?

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much and we should check-fold. I just think if we're gonna check the turn we can't be calling any more bets on the turn though.